Skip to content
How was your Thanksgiving?
fensmother posted:
Ours was nice and relaxing.

steckie98 responded:
Ours was good. Lots of turkey and togetherness!
Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)

UKbluegirl2 replied to steckie98's response:
Ours was great also! We were pretty busy. I'm so over turkey.

Saturday none of us got out of our pjs! Quite the treat!!

VicsEandJ responded:
Ours was good- and amazingly quiet despite houseguests since my sister and her kids spent most of Friday and Saturday out shopping!

FarmWife1979 responded:
Pretty good - the kids were nuts during thanksgiving dinner, but they were still pretty good overall.

Friday was mostly spent at home. Saturday I took DD to see Tangled (her first big movie theatre experience). DH had a gig to set up for so he didn't get to go with us. Sunday we went to a holiday lights parade (every parade entry has to be decorated with lights and blasting x-mas music). Put the tree up Saturday night after DD was in bed.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

IslandGirl58 responded:
Thanksgiving was small but nice this year. DD was super excited about the parade, and of course didn't nap the entire day. DS was a bit clingy after naptime, but had fun getting into trouble. Neither of them ate much of anything, surprising for DS, but not for DD. We had a disastrous gravy experience, sadly, but the turkey rocked and the rest of the dinner was pretty good too. We hosted, with just another couple in addition to ourselves. Trying to get myself into full out holiday preparation mode now!

Holly--we took DD to see Tangled yesterday, also her first theater experience. She loved it, but unfortunately it was a matinee beginning at 12:45, so by 2:15 or so she was toast! She curled up on my lap and said "I'm seepy" and we had to prod her to stay awake for the rest of the movie! So cute though, with her popcorn and her fruit punch.
Me(30) DH(30) DD(3) DS(1)

j9ween2 responded:
too quiet. this year we had 7, last year 24. I like the big crowd but it was nice that no one stayed over & I didn't have to make breakfast, lunch and dinner for 3 days for a bunch of people
Janine (Tyler - 5, Bella - 3 and Giana - 8 months)

j9ween2 replied to VicsEandJ's response:
Vickie - I was doing dishes thanksgiving night at 11 & heard the jets get a touchdown. I immediately thought of you
Janine (Tyler - 5, Bella - 3 and Giana - 8 months)

Stephensmom1214 responded:
Ours was ok. We celebrated a day early since my FIL was here visiting. The food was awesome, thanks to my DH, but DS started running a fever that afternoon, and has been sick ever since. So we didn't do much this weekend.
Patty, DH, and Stephen the great (12/14/06)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Great. Got to see my brother who I haven't seen in over two years along with his son (saw for the first time) and his son's mother (met for the first time). Did the 3:45a thing at JC Penney's with my mom and two other people. Vegetated Saturday and Sunday.

VicsEandJ replied to j9ween2's response:
You probably heard me- we did a lot of yelling during that game- I was so ahppy thta it wasn't a nail biter like the last few. My nephew's girlfriend was a good sport too-she's a Patriots fan! But I'm sure it had somethignt ot do with the Buttery Nipples that Dh was serving ( its a shot made with equal parts butterscotch scnapps and Baileys-Yummo!- goes great wih Thanksgiving desserts!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Holly, I'm 31, a Mom to one DD (11/16/07) named Sydney. I work full time for a major health insurance company. In what little spare time I...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.