Skip to content
Sister Tipping
tlkittycat1968 posted:
How do you get a three year old boy to stop pushing his one year old sister over? I'll be in the kitchen and the kids will be in the hallway. I'll hear a thud (DD's head hitting the floor), DD will start crying and then DS will come running down the hallway knowing what he did was wrong. I send him to his room but he keeps doing it. DH called and said he's done it 3 times just this morning.

VicsEandJ responded:
Tell him she is not a cow or tractor ( if he's seen the Cars movie)! LOL!

Seriously,I don't know because my son has been pushing his sister over ever since she was able to stand up on her own.
Me, DH, DS (3), DD (23 months)

FarmWife1979 responded:
Sister Tipping (LOL!!!) Sorry, that just caught me as really funny.

Anyway, maybe take away a toy of his every time he does it? I don't really know here.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

phoenix31674 responded:
With DD when she was doing something repeatedly she wasn't supposed to, I would take away her favorite toy for a day during which she had to not do whatever it was she lost it for. if she kept doing it, I went to the next favorite toy and so on. We've culled the toys, so she doesn't have that many out at once, so she has done things to really limit her play options by losing all her Thomas trains and Legos - which finally got her attention.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Tracey. I am 30 years old and married to my best friend. We have been married since October 2006. I have 4 step-children and 1 of my...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.