Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Poll: Shopping Cart
MrsWhiteCastle posted:
Does DC still ride in a shopping cart? When will you/did you let DC walk?

Elizabeth still rides in the cart. I told her when she's 4 she can walk. I'm nervous about having 2 of them walking at the same time!
Emily (5)  Elizabeth (3)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

UKbluegirl2 responded:
Yes Ava wants to ride in the cart (she's 4); she says I walk too fast in the store. I'm typically on a mission ;-). Wil also does. However, I rarely take them both. It eats up too much cart space!! :-)

I told Ava last time she was going to have to walk. She's getting too heavy (32lbs) to lift up into the cart.

MrsWhiteCastle replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
Elizabeth was about 40 lbs at her 3 yr check up almost 9 months ago. She's been too heavy for about 2 years now!
Emily (5) Elizabeth (3)

j9ween2 responded:
I don't know the last time Bella was in the cart, it's been at least a year b/c I know I wasn't lifting her when I was pg last year
Janine (Tyler - 5, Bella - 3 and Giana - 8 months)

jlc78 responded:
Yes, both of them still ride in the cart. If I let DS walk, then DD will want to do the same and I'm not ready for that. Right now I'm having the battles with who gets to sit in the basket....
Me(32) DH(33) and our babes DS(3) DD(2) and Baby 3 due 8/4 ... yellow team!

alb7585 responded:
DS usually wants to walk and now that I am pregnant I can't be lifting in so I give in. Usually about half way through the store he wants in the cart or I have to put him there because he forgets to listen.

megmoo78 responded:
Most of the time DS still rides in the carts, but sometimes I let him walk if its just the two of us.
Megan,DH,DD,DS1,DS2

HayleesMom2007 responded:
DD still rides in the cart most of the time, although she likes sitting in the basket now and I can't lift her into the front anymore anyways because she is about 38 lbs. There are times when we are just running in for a few things that she walks but she doesn't always like to listen when we are in the store so for my sanity I usually get a cart. I

VicsEandJ responded:
Both DC mostlyy ride in the storller when we grocery shop- city living, again. DH and I usually try to make quciker trips a coupel time a week before picking them up, so thye don't go more thna once a week.

DS has ridden in the cart, but doesn't find it fascinating because he's just as happy in the stroller ( the boy is lazy). Only occasionally will he walk and its not usually for long.

DD doesn't acknowledge the cart yet. I don't know why.

They will likely fight over the cart when we decide that we don't need to take our big stroller everywhere anymore- which isn't likely to be soon because the storage under the bottom saves DH & I from having to carry too much (DS's laziness comes from both f us!)

Also, most of the time we don't get a cart at the grocery store because its too much of a hassle in our tiny grocery stores. We use the littel hand carts that have tobe carier. I hate the little rolling ones!
Me, DH, DS (3), DD (23 months)

cinder44 responded:
They both still ride in the cart. I dread the day when they don't. 2 sets of hands grabbing what they want off the shelves.

We usually end up getting 2 carts one with me & one with DH & so they can sit where they want. I even do this when I'm alone so there's no fighting & I have the room for the groceries.
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

FarmWife1979 responded:
DD still rides in the cart pretty much all the time. I don't really give her an option not to. Only at the mall or other stores where there isn't a cart to ride in does she get to walk, and then she has to hold my hand.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
DS is 3 and still rides in the cart because he'll run off if I'm not holding his hand. Frustrating sometimes when all I need to get is some milk and I have to put him in the cart because both my hands are full and I can't hold his hand.

When I have to bring DD, she sits in the front and DS sits in the basket.

steckie98 responded:
DS still rides in the cart seat most of the time. Sometimes he will want to get out and walk which he does fine with.
Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)

Kimmy1545 responded:
My 2 never ride in the cart (unless they ask to sit in the big part of the cart to play with a toy or read a book while I shop). Haven't in a LONG time!

They both stay with me while we shop and it hasn't really been an issue.

mol13 responded:
David is able to walk for shorter trips. Jesse definitely isn't. So either Jesse rides in the cart and David walks or I put one kid on my back in a carrier and the other rides in the cart.

Once I went into Borders thinking I could go without either a stroller or carrier and just let them walk, or carry Jesse, and it was BAD. Jesse kept running away and David wouldn't listen either.
Molly (30) DH (36) David 8/30/07; beat cancer, now needs hearing aids. Jesse 07/05/09; my daredevil! Surprise EDD 7/17/2011.

Spotlight: Member Stories

my name is ashley and i am new to the mommy scene and need all the advice i can get..i have a stepdaughter that is 3 and we have one on the way..emoti...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.