Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Done!!!
ShayKTen posted:
I am so excited that I am DONE Christmas shopping!!! I took off work a little early on Friday and went again yesterday for the remaining items and now I can savely say that I am done. The only thing that I have left is to pick up a couple gift cards but I can do that at any time!

YAY for "me" :)

cinder44 responded:
Yay for you!!

I am pretty much done for my DC(except stocking stuffers), parents, & in laws. DH is buying what he wants & I'm wrapping it.

My sister just gave me some ideas for my nephew last night. I had the feeling of being done & now she's crushed it. I need to ask her for a list before Thanksgiving so I can get him done when I'm shopping for everyone else.
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

jlc78 responded:
JEALOUS!

I'm probably half way there. Ok, maybe less than that. I've got ideas for most people left on my list. Does that count?!?! And I tried REALLY hard this weekend to get a lot done but TRU kept screwing my plans up.

So now that the shopping is done, how's the wrapping coming along?!
Me(32) DH(33) and our babes DS(3) DD(2) and Baby 3 due 8/4 ... yellow team!

UKbluegirl2 replied to jlc78's response:
I am jealous too! I have tons left to buy. I just don't get motivated until closer to Christmas.

You'll will have such a pretty tree now with all those wrapped gifts under it. I always feel like I don't get to enjoy it when I'm wrapping on Christmas Eve only to have the paper ripped apart the day.

Good job!

ShayKTen responded:
Wrapping is done and my poor tree looks stuffed! Im still waiting on a couple more gifts to arrive in the mail and I really don't know where Im going to be able to put them once they are wrapped.

UKbluegirl2 replied to ShayKTen's response:
Post pictures!! Maybe it will motivate the rest of us. That really makes the tree!

cinder44 replied to UKbluegirl2's response:
I would never be able to put the wrapped present under my tree. While I was in the kitchen cooking dinner they would be opening them!!
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

Stephensmom1214 replied to cinder44's response:
I can't put wrapped stuff under the tree either - DS would get into things, and we're having his birthday party here next weekend, and I certainly don't trust a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds to stay out of them!
Patty, DH, and Stephen the great (12/14/06)

Kimmy1545 replied to cinder44's response:
LOL! We put wrapped gift under our tree... just nothing that has either of their names on it. I think if they knew it was for them the temptation would be too much to resist but since they know the gifts aren't theirs (and in most cases know what is in the package) they don't mess with them at all.

melissah210 replied to Kimmy1545's response:
LOL.. I remember when we were young when my mom was at work or whatever we would open our gifts to peek and we got caught because we ended up retaping it with medical tape instead of scotch tape.. LMAO.. Hey we thought we were slick.. But we only got better or so we thought. We learned to open VERY CAREFUL and if needed used the same tape to fix what we missed up.

Then it happened my mom threw us a curve ball and my step dad at the time got her to.. My mom got a phonebook for christmas. The phonebook had a hole inside which held a box with a ring, I remember they got this tin can and had bricks in it (forgot what the gift was), there was a BIG gift and inside that box was a box and in that box was another box (dont remember the gift either).. Anyways they started to trick us because we started to do the weight, shake, poking at the present to figure it out..

Needless to say im 26, sis is 18 and brother is 28 and we still cheat..SOMETIMES.
Sometimes I tell my sis or brother what they got or hint and they do the same thing also.. However we tease our mom with what her gift is and we dont tell her.. lol

Yall have a happy holiday everyone..

tlkittycat1968 responded:
An older friend would put her son's name on her daughter's gifts and vice versa. Her son stopped opening the gifts before Christmas when he pre-opened one and found pink underwear.

Another friend's mom would put fake gifts under the tree meaning there was something in the package but it wasn't the real gift.

I've heard of one mom wrapping the kids' gifts in different paper but not telling them which paper was for whom. Since there were no tags on the gifts, only she knew which gifts were for which child.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Heather. I have 2 very active boys, Aidan=4 and Tyler=3. I have been on webmd since TTC Aidan. I've been married to Terry since '0...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.