Skip to content
Nap questions
jlc78 posted:
Is your DC still taking a nap? If so how long?

If not, when did they give them up? Did they give it up on their own? Or did you encourage it?

How long does your DC sleep at night?
Me(32) DH(33) and our babes DS(3) DD(2) and Baby 3 due 8/4 ... yellow team!

Stephensmom1214 responded:
Thankfully, yes, DS still takes a nap - usually about an hour. I will have to start weaning the nap this summer, as his pre-k class is in the afternoons. I'm NOT looking forward to it!! He sleeps for about 10-11 hours at night.
Patty, DH, and Stephen the great (12/14/06)

curleysue1968 responded:
Yes she still naps. At daycare it's about 1.5 hours. On the weekend lately it seems to be hit or miss but when she does it could be up to 2.5 hours.

She gets about 10 hours per night.

UKbluegirl2 replied to curleysue1968's response:
Wil is hit or miss at daycare. He did not take a nap yesterday but did Monday. But he also went to bed a little earlier Monday night; so he probably wasn't overly tired at nap time.

He sleeps from 8:00 pm until 6:45 am. But on the weekends he will sleep as long as you'll let him. He typically takes a later nap on the weekends and will sleep from 2-3 hours.

cinder44 responded:
It depends on the day or the way the wind blows.

At daycare they take one most days for about an hour. Now that they aren't getting outside time(too cold) there it seems like every other day.

For us at home we just gave up on them it's not worth the fight. We either had to sit in there room to get them to stay in bed or they would just horse around in their room.We do some snuggle tv time if we're not busy otherwise they just keep going.

We proly gave up on them in the past month.

They sleep 10.5 hrs(8:30-7am) & I have to wake them up for daycare. On the weekends we hope they will sleep in but usually it's only another 1/2 hr to hour. It's pretty sad that we count sleeping until 7:30 or 8am as sleeping in. But I do normally get up at 6am.
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

FarmWife1979 responded:
DD's still a good napper.. 1.5 hrs/day usually at daycare, sometimes 2 hrs at home on the weekends. She goes to bed at 8:00 pm, sleeps until about 6-6:30 am, so combined with the nap she gets about 12 hrs of sleep, still.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

ShayKTen responded:
At their DCP, yes everyday for about an 1.5hrs maybe two hours.

At home on the weekends, dd2 still takes an afternoon nap for at least the same amount of time as during the week, sometimes she will sleep for 3 hours.
For dd1, it depends on the day and how her attitude that morning has been.

dd2 sleeps almost 12 hours a night still. She LOVES her sleep. dd1 gets about 9 hours each night.

phoenix31674 responded:
DD sleeps about 10 hours or so every night. We try to put her down between 7:30 and 8, but that can change with DS being only 2 months old and being rather fussy in the evenings.

For naps, i put her in her room around 1, but she doesn't always go right to sleep. Sometimes it's closer to 2 before she drifts off and I will let her sleep as long as she wants or i wake her up when it gets close to 5. She really does need to nap or she is a bear in the evening for dinner and bedtime. and yes, she will go to bed by 8 even if she slept until 5. i'd love to put her down closer to noon, but dealing with her and DS makes it take close to an hour to get her lunch done with all the delays I have with DS

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Most days DS takes a nap. It usually lasts anywhere from 2-3 hours. Some days he just won't go to sleep so after about 30 minutes of fighting it, we let him get up.

He goes to bed at 9p and wakes up between 6a and 7a.

VicsEandJ responded:
My DC both still nap.
At daycare, DS naps 1.5 hours, DD naps 2 hours. At home, on the weekends, it varies- but usually its about 2 hours.

During the week, the sleep about 10 hours, sometimes a little less ( especially DS).

On the weekend they sleep at least an hour later in the mornings, but if its much more than that, they end up staying up later or if it's Sunday, we shorten the nap so they go to bed on time and aren't cranky Monday morning.

I am going to hate when they stop napping- they are so much more pleasant when they do!
Me, DH, DS (3), DD (23 months)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tanya, I'm 26 yrs old and my husband is 28, we've been married for 6 years together a total of 9 years. We live outside Jackson MS!...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.