Skip to content
New Year's poll
cinder44 posted:
What are your going to do & where?

Do you have a sitter?

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever?

Will you even make it until midnight?

Any traditions?
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
What are your going to do & where? My cousin & I are going to a local club to hear a band play that we both love.

Do you have a sitter? Yes, DH!

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? Probably so because her 3 cousins will be with her that night.

Will you even make it until midnight? I sure hope so! I plan to go out and have a blast that night.

Any traditions? N/A

clint5324 responded:
1. DS will be 3 that day. We are having his bday party at 12 and then we are going to Happy Zoo Year at the Zoo. They ring in the new year at 9PM. Then we will come home and probably crash from the busy day.

No sitter, my mom would but I like ringing in the new year with DS

I am sure he will be up later than normal. He will probably crash on the way home from the zoo.

I am not sure. If we don't it will be the first year that I haven't.

Since DS has been born we always celebrate his birthday on the NYE.

FarmWife1979 responded:
What are your going to do & where? - Going out to watch DH's band play at a bar about 30 minutes from home. Getting a hotel room so we don't have to drive back home with all the drunks/cops on the road.

Do you have a sitter? - Yes, MIL & FIL

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? That's up to MIL & FIL and how much they want to deal with a cranky DD the next morning.

Will you even make it until midnight? - Probably, that's what they make energy drinks for!

Any traditions? Ususally we stay home and watch movies and eat junk food, but since this is DH's first year back in a band and they have the gig we might be making a new tradition.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

Mom2Emma23 responded:
What are your going to do & where? We are supposed to go to a bday party/new yrs eve party in town with our friends who are in from out of state.

Do you have a sitter? Well i did/do. My mom , but my dad has been sick since sunday so I really don't know anymore : /

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? If we end up staying home w/her I will attempt to let her stay up until midnight . It all depends on how shes acting ...

Will you even make it until midnight? Yes

Any traditions? Nope
Sarah (25), Emma (3)

cinder44 responded:
What are your going to do & where? we're proly staying home. I want to sled ride, maybe do some fireworks & send them to bed. Then play games or cards with hubby until the ball drops.

Do you have a sitter? no

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? not sure yet. maybe until 10.

Will you even make it until midnight? I don't know I usually fall asleep early.

Any traditions? not really. we were sledding last year & if we have snow I think this will be a tradition as well as fireworks.
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

steckie98 responded:
What are your going to do & where? We will stay home and make a nice dinner, maybe have some snackies later in the evening. Nothing fancy.

Do you have a sitter? No

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? I might let him stay up a little bit later, but I would only pay for it the next day, so probably not much later.

Will you even make it until midnight? Possibly not. I usually at least make it until the ball drops Eastern Time which is 11pm my time.

Any traditions? The last few years we have made crab legs at home for dinner and then just stayed in.
Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)

mol13 responded:
What are your going to do & where? We are back in NJ for "the holidays" and will be spending New Years with the friends that we usually spend it with.

Do you have a sitter? Nope--this year we're doing the party with all the kiddies! DS1 is 3, DS2 is 1.5, and then there will be a boy who is 2.5, a boy who is almost 4, a boy who is 7, my nephew who is 7, a girl who is 8, a girl who is maybe 12, my niece who is 11, and a girl who is about 15 or 16.

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? DS2 will probably go to sleep, at least for a little while, around his normal time. We are bringing the pack n play. But DS1 will probably stay up pretty late because he'll want to play with the other kids.

Will you even make it until midnight? Likely not.

Any traditions? Pile-on the newcomers, which in this case are my BIL and his kids who are tagging along with us. Texas Chainsaw Massacre on the TV even though no one is actually watching it will not be continued this year because of the kids.
Molly (30) DH (36) David 8/30/07; beat cancer, now needs hearing aids. Jesse 07/05/09; my daredevil! Surprise EDD 7/13/2011, which is MY birthday!

Kimmy1545 responded:
What are your going to do & where?
We are going to my BFF's for a little while... just to hang out. Nothing fancy. My DH will be working til at least 8:30.

Do you have a sitter?
Nope... don't need one.

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever?
Nope... they will go to bed when we get home from my BFF's house. Probably around 9:00.

Will you even make it until midnight?
I will for sure... I am up past midnight almost every night anyway.

Any traditions?
Not really... with the kids we will do a countdown around 8 and let them run around with noise makers. DH and I will do our usual... sit on the couch and watch the ball drop.

im4shoes77 replied to Kimmy1545's response:
What are your going to do & where? I am attempting Beef wellington and we are staying in

Do you have a sitter? Nope it's family night, games maybe a movie

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? He usually goes to sleep around 9 or 10 so I don't expect him to stay up much later, but he can if he wants.

Will you even make it until midnight? Not likely

Any traditions? Yes we have some networks from NY on our satellite, so we watch the ball drop at 11 our time, then we decide if we are going to stay up for the extra hour.

curleysue1968 replied to im4shoes77's response:
awesome Heather! Beef wellington?!?!

We don't really do much. Hang out and watch movies and play games.

Dinner at home and some drinks. We didn't go out before kids either. I rarely make it up past 10 so I doubt I will make it to midnight!!

Our tradition has always been to open the front and back doors to let the old year "out" and bring the new year "in" :)

VicsEandJ responded:
What are your going to do & where? Staying home and having appetizers for dinner and our family dance party ( me, DH, DD& DS)

Do you have a sitter? nope

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? yep. Last year they were up unitla fter 2 am. They fell asleep super early ( I think we skipped nap) and they woke up at 10:30 ready to party

Will you even make it until midnight? I have only fallen asleep once before midnight EVER (including as a kid)- and that was because I got too drunk at 8PM playing drinkign games before we went out ( I was about 30!). I love New Year's Eve, even though I usually celebrate at home.

Any traditions? Besides doing appetizers, DH & I always make champagne napoleons- I think that's the name- it's Champagne with grand marnier, remy martin, a sugar cube with bitters, and an orange rind garnish. We only make it for new years- and since we've only gone out on New Years ONCE since we've been together, its our big event at home!
Me, DH, DS (3), DD (2)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
What are your going to do & where? Stay home and watch tv

Do you have a sitter? Nope. My dad had surgery last week and is supposed to take it easy for 3 months so parents are out.

Are you letting the DC stay up til whenever? Probably. He probably won't make it until midnight though (he fell asleep on the couch at 8p last night).

Will you even make it until midnight? Yep.

Any traditions? Nope.

kandcmom responded:
Not going out. I just had gallbladder surgery two days ago and I'm pretty much laid up. I'm not a big fan of New Year's Eve anyway. We used to go to parties and what not before we had kids but now I prefer to stay home with family and friends. BUT, bring on the New Year's Day football!
Tammy (40), DH (36), DD (7), DS (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Holly, I'm 31, a Mom to one DD (11/16/07) named Sydney. I work full time for a major health insurance company. In what little spare time I...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.