Skip to content
9 days-and What to pack???
abbygailsmom1 posted:
So I know I haven't been on here much lately, but just to update those of you that aren't on facebook, my c-section is in 9 day on 1/7! I am super excited.

You would think that I haven't done this before or anything but I am at a loss for what I need to take to the hospital. I will be having a c-section so I don't need anything for labor. Any suggestions? I just feel like I might be forgetting something.
Me (30) DH (28) DD1 (5) DD2 (2) Baby boy Korbin expected via c-section early Jan 2011

critty000 responded:
I don't know- never had a c-section. What are you already planning to bring?
I'd just bring my fav. face soap, and whatever I needed to make myself decent for pictures/visitors and my laptop!
Anything else I forgot I'd send DH to fetch or ask my mom to bring on her way to visit baby- ie starbucks coffee!

critty000 replied to critty000's response:
oh and congratulations! just a few days and you get to meet your son! how exciting!

ariannasmommy1125 responded:
I can't believe it is almost time! Congratulations Mama!

I would pack comfy clothes to come home in, a couple of sets of pajamas or night gowns, a robe, toiletries, slippers, a coming home outfit for little man, camera, laptop, cell phone & numbers of people you want to call & plenty of change for the vending machines.

abbygailsmom1 responded:
I know. It is going by fast! I hope next week goes fast as well.

For him I have:
going home outfit 2 sleepers
a few diapers (in his diaper bag)
burp rag
receiving blanket
socks/booties/hat
wipes

For me:
a shirt to come home in 1 other if I want get out of the gowns

robe
house slippers
wearing nursing bra to hospital so I will have that on
toothbrush/toothpaste/shampoo/soap
cell phone charger
boppy pillow

I am working on his list of contacts now so he will have everyone.

It just seems like I am forgetting something. I'm not going to take my laptop because DH just got an iphone so he can update on facebook and send emails with pictures and info.
Me (30) DH (28) DD1 (5) DD2 (2) Baby boy Korbin expected via c-section early Jan 2011

steckie98 replied to abbygailsmom1's response:
Maybe some magazines or videos to watch. I can't really think of anything else off hand, but will be praying for everything to go smoothly for you! I bet you are soooo excited!
Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)

cinder44 responded:
Congrats!

After my C section I still wore my maternity pants home. Granny panties, your own pads if you don't like theirs. Hand lotion, chap stick, tissues, gum.

What about a camera?
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

abbygailsmom1 responded:
I like to stay in the gowns since they are easier to use the bathroom in. :)

Yeah, I forgot to put camera on the list but that will definately be going. I just feel like I have taken a whole lot of things to the hospital with me when I had the other two. Oh well, I will be there for 4 days so certainly DH can bring me whatever I am missing.

I AM SO EXCITED!

tiff93722 replied to abbygailsmom1's response:
I think you have everything covered, congrats!!!

UKbluegirl2 replied to tiff93722's response:
CONGRATS!! I can't believe he is almost here!

It seems like we were just all thinking about his name.

I think you have the supplies covered. Did you say an Ipod? Do you do crossword puzzles or my fav Sudoku? Thank you cards?

abbygailsmom1 responded:
Thank you ladies so much. We are super excited and can't wait to meet him. I think I will be getting my bag packed this weekend as we are going to take the girls out shopping tomorrow to let them pick him out a toy!

I will try and get on here to update after he is born but if any of you that are my FB friends want to pass on the info, you are more than welcome too! I hope you all have a great night and Happy New Year!

mol13 replied to cinder44's response:
I didn't have a section and I still wore maternity pants home.

Shampoo--their stuff is usually lousy. And snacks.

Last time the hospital where I was had turkey sandwiches in the fridge that I could eat all night which I did! But now that I live in a new place I don't know what the hospital is like.

All I know is I want to get there as late as possible.
Molly (30) DH (36) David 8/30/07; beat cancer, now needs hearing aids. Jesse 07/05/09; my daredevil! Surprise EDD 7/13/2011, which is MY birthday!

VicsEandJ responded:
I didn't have a Csection but since I was in the hopsital in winter, too, I found that the tiles inthe bathroom were really cold and the socks they gave me at the hospital were really slippery, so I suggest your own socks or slippers!

Good luck Mama- I'm wishing you a speedy and as painless as possible delivery and recovery. :-)

Don't forget to put an update here when you get a chance because I don't Facebook but I love delivery and newborn stories!
Me, DH, DS (3), DD (2)

FarmWife1979 responded:
A pair of slippers that you can just throw away when you are done (hospital floors are so nasty!).

(TMI) Bean-O and Dulcolax. After my unplanned c-section, the biggest reason I stayed in the hospital for 5 days was that I had so much gas and constipation that I was in pain enough to need morphine. Had I had this stuff, it would have been a lot better. Also, make sure you don't eat solid food for at least 24 hours after your c-section. Someone screwed up at my hospital and brought me up a tray full of pot roast and potatoes after I had DD. I was starving and didn't know any better and ate it.... then a nurse walks in with a different tray full of broth and liquids and says oh, this is what you were supposed to have, where's that other tray and I'll get rid of it? Yeah... so not happy.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Plenty of socks. I wore the ones the hospital gave me and it's a good thing they gave me more than one pair because one time while getting ready to go to the bathroom, I actually peed on myself, including the socks. I threw them away.

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 7/28/03 I became a mommy for the very first time to the most beautiful angle in the world: Emelie Brianne On 4/30/05 I walked down the isle and ...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.