Skip to content
Poll: Toys
MrsWhiteCastle posted:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now?

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without?

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with?

4. Does DC still have bath toys?

5. Is DC rough with toys?

6. Does DC still put toys in their mouth?
Emily (5)  Elizabeth (3)

critty000 responded:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now? dolls: Barbies and some mini dolls

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without? no

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with? no, but she is always bringing stuff with her. Frequently it is her stuffed poodle named Toodles and his "stuff"

4. Does DC still have bath toys? barbie-like dolls made for the bath, Belle and Aurora, and a tea set

5. Is DC rough with toys? no

6. Does DC still put toys in their mouth? no

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
1. Tinkerbell and Strawberry Shortcake dolls / playsets

2. a stuffed Winnie the Pooh

3. I don't mean to. Elizabeth brings toys while we wait to pick up Emily from Kindergarten. They usually don't get brought back in the house.

4. yes. They take mainly showers now, though, so I should get rid of most of them.

5. I think so. I never broke toys as a kid. They break toys, but they don't do it on purpose. Usually things like the Barbie heads break off because they try to get them to nod, etc.

6. Yes, although it seems to be getting a little better. I thought she would be over that stage by now! She'll be 4 next month, for crying out loud!
Emily (5) Elizabeth (3)

FarmWife1979 responded:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now? - Her barbie dolls, MIL made some extra outfits for her for christmas.

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without? Black bear - little stuffed black bear we picked up on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN this past summer.

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with? No, not really, and we commute 60 miles round trip every day together. She mostly just looks out the windows and watches the world go by, counts the tractors, barn, and other cars that we pass too.

4. Does DC still have bath toys? No - we've never done much on the bath toys. Baths are quick as possible, in our house to keep from wasting too much water.

5. Is DC rough with toys? Some things yes, most things no. She's pretty good about playing carefully with things, but will sometimes step on stuff or leave it laying out and the cats chew on some of the plastic stuff.

6. Does DC still put toys in their mouth? Once in a while, above comment about the cats makes that really gross.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

HJK1127 responded:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now?
Imaginext Batman set - Batcave, Joker house and all of the various Imaginext accessories that go with this set.

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without?
- No particular one but each night he likes to choose three stuffed "guys" to sleep with. They vary each night though.

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with?
- We dont keep any, but he chooses something to take the in the car when we go somewhere. That toy generally comes back in the house with us when we get home. (We do keep a couple coloring books and crayons in there just in case though)

4. Does DC still have bath toys?
- Yes. Still loves playing in the tub.

5. Is DC rough with toys?
- Not too bad. He has been known to throw a toy or two, but generally plays pretty good with his toys.

6. Does DC still put toys in their mouth?
- No, not really. Maybe on that very rare occasion, but nothing that is consistent or regular.

phoenix31674 responded:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now? Everything related to Thomas the Train

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without? Her stuffed Mickey Mouse. He goes everywhere.

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with? Some books and a set of stacking cups, plus whatever she wants to take along.

4. Does DC still have bath toys? Letters you stick on the side of the tub and a pelican bucket.

5. Is DC rough with toys? No more than any kid her age.

6. Does DC still put toys in their mouth? Rarely. Though she never really put much in her mouth.

mol13 responded:

I'll answer for DS1 because he is 3:

1. What is DC's favorite toy right now? Grandma's iPad, his easel, and anything with letters and numbers.

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without? does Daddy count?

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with? He plays with the LeapFrog letter tracing toy in the car. That's pretty much his go-to car toy and he plays with it for a LONG time.

4. Does DC still have bath toys? Yep--cups and rubber duckies and little boats. He and DS2 bathe together and hilarity ensues.

5. Is DC rough with toys? Not usually.

6. Does DC still put toys in their mouth? The only toy he puts in his mouth is the "pen" that goes with the LeapFrog toy, which is annoying and gross. It almost reminds me of a school-aged kid chewing on a pencil.
Molly (30) DH (36) David 8/30/07; beat cancer, now needs hearing aids. Jesse 07/05/09; my daredevil! Surprise EDD 7/13/2011, which is MY birthday!

steckie98 responded:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now? His puzzles and trucks

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without? His "baba" a little white satin blankie with a bear head attached to it.

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with? No, he will sometimes bring something small in, but not usually.

4. Does DC still have bath toys? yes, his favorite is a Hot Wheels track that floats in the water and has color change cars.

5. Is DC rough with toys? no

Carrie (32), DH (36), DS Ashton (3)

tlkittycat1968 responded:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now? His sister's Leapfrong computer and his sister's Leapfrog phone.

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without? Nope.

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with? Not usually although DS will sometimes leave one in there.

4. Does DC still have bath toys? Yep. Measuring cups and fish. He tends to use the measuring cups to drink the water though.

5. Is DC rough with toys? Sometimes.

6. Does DC still put toys in their mouth? Yep. We have to watch him witht he foam toys or he'll bite off a piece and eat it.

curleysue1968 responded:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now? Dora dollhouse

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without? not really

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with? she is always dragging stuff out there

4. Does DC still have bath toys? sometimes

5. Is DC rough with toys? not too much

cinder44 responded:
1. What is DC's favorite toy right now? DD dolls, DS army men

2. Does DC have a toy they cannot sleep without? DD a doll & blankie, DS his bear

3. Do you keep toys in the car for DC to play with? they take something with them into the car most times

4. Does DC still have bath toys? yes

5. Is DC rough with toys? DD not really, DS sometimes likes to crash his cars into each other

6. Does DC still put toys in their mouth?DD yes & it's getting old! DS no.
Me, DH, DD(3), DS(3) - twins

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. We like to dance and sing and act a fool!

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.