Skip to content
Play Dates?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Is your child getting enough socializing? Do you do play dates, or toddler gym classes that are available?

Chrissy
WebMD Community Staff

FarmWife1979 responded:
No. DD is at daycare for 9 hours a day. I figure that is enough socialization. The local toddler gym classes and toddler hours at the children's discovery center are all at 10 am and 2 pm on weekdays, so we can't ever go because I'm at work and she's at daycare.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

ryanandleigh responded:
The whole socialization issue was why I started DS (now 5) in preschool at age 3. He attended playgroups but you could never count on who would show up so I put him in a 3 mornings a week preschool and it was the best thing I ever did. I loved that he saw the same kids each time and he learned to listen to another adult who wasn't "mom", "dad" or "Grandma." With DD, I had her in a music class last fall but right now she is not in any classes (due to a health issue) and I do think she could use more socialization than just playing with her brother. Our playgroup meets rarely and will dissolve when summer hits and won't reform in the fall which is why she will enter the same preschool and attend 3 hours a day for 3 days a week.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been happily married for almost 4 years now. I have a son who just turned 3 in August. We are currently expecting our second son who is due on ...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.