Skip to content
April Role Call - Getting to Know Each Other
Amelia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Since I'm new to the community, I'd love to do a roll call if you gals don't mind. :)

Maybe some other members who haven't begun posting yet can also make an entrance and get to know others! Please feel free to add to the list, if you think of something helpful or just fun to reveal with others! :-D
(Also, feel free to leave anything out that you do not want to include.)

Name:
Number of Children:
LO Name:
LO Age:
Latest Milestone that You're Proud of with LO:
Latest Battle that You are Having with LO:
Best Part of Being a Mama:
Funny Mama Moment That You Have Had:

Name:
Amelia
Number of Children: 1 daughter
LO Age:
She just turned 5 years old.
Latest Milestone that You're Proud of with LO: Fastening her seat belt all by herself! I am pretty positive that I was getting "suckered" on this for a while, but it sure saves some time for her to do it now!
Latest Battle that You are Having with LO: Getting her up in the morning. She thinks she is a teenager!
Best Part of Being a Mama: Snuggling and unconditional love!
Funny Mama Moment That You Have Had: I have a bad habit of telling various adult friends, "Excuse me, I have to tinkle!" which is pretty embarrassing. :)

Next?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Name: Tammy

Number of Children: 2

LO Name: PJ & Kylee

LO Age: 3 1/2 & 17m

Latest Milestone that You're Proud of with LO: Since my 3 1/2 yr old isn't really talking and is in speech therapy, we're excited he's starting to say 2 word phrases.

Latest Battle that You are Having with LO: PJ keeps grabbing toys away from his sister making her scream/cry

Best Part of Being a Mama: When they come to me for comfort when they're hurt.

Funny Mama Moment That You Have Had: Too many to think of just one.

FarmWife1979 responded:
Name: Holly
Number of Children: 1
LO Name: Sydney
LO Age: 3 yrs 4.5 months
Latest Milestone that You're Proud of with LO: She now gets herself completely dressed (we just pick out weather appropriate clothes and lay them on her bed for her to put on). Latest Battle that You are Having with LO: Ongoing struggle to get her to eat a variety of foods instead of just a handful of kid favorite foods.
Best Part of Being a Mama: The sweet (and sometimes sticky) hugs and kisses.
Funny Mama Moment That You Have Had: So many.... It cracks me up when DH is practicing with his guitar and DD grabs her little toy guitar and they rock out together. My two Rock Stars!
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

ryanandleigh responded:
Name: Leigh
LO Name: Jacen (5) & Alexa (3)
Latest Milestone that You're Proud of with LO:
Sharing with her brother - they are both getting so good about it!
Latest Battle that You are Having with LO: Having DD sit quietly during the "Family Time" of DS's music class. DD would rather run around while all the other 3 year olds are sitting with their parents. It is hard for me to hear what DS's homework is with her being disruptive.
Best Part of Being a Mama: The hugs and kisses and "I love yous"
Funny Mama Moment That You Have Had: How do you choose just one....

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Yay! I am so excited to start meeting you all, hear about your LOs and laugh already. :)

@ Tammy - Big congrats on PJ's 2 word phrases! You all should be very proud and I look forward to hearing more about your personal experiences with speech therapy. I'm sure that you could really give some of the other mother's some great advice as well as hope!

@ Holly - I'm right there with you, having a picky eater! Can't wait to see if we find any tricks that ACTUALLY work to solve that problem. Also, love the rockstars!

@ Leigh - Good to see you again! Congrats on the two getting along! I'm sure this makes everyday easier and more enjoyable. Yay! I also wanted to mention that ALL of my friends have made fun of me, since I had my little one. I am ALWAYS carrying around a tote bag (with 2 or 3 in the car :) ) everywhere we go with books, coloring supplies, outside chalk, a Leapster, Barbies, costumes, bubbles....Wherever we end up on our outings, I make sure that we are overly occupied to stay as long as I would like. Yes, I'm ridiculous but it works for us! Good luck!

neeru_pdx responded:

Name: Neeru
LO Name:DS - 3, DD - 4
LO Age:
Latest Milestone that You're Proud of with LO: DD- helping littler ones, DS- drawing mazes
Latest Battle that You are Having with LO: we don't really battle. DS likes to dawdle a lot and sometimes we have to get somewhere, so that can be frustrating. DD is on the computer more than I want her to be, but we are working on figuring that out together.
Best Part of Being a Mama:watching them get excited about things. looking at them asleep :) seeing their imaginations grow.
Funny Mama Moment That You Have Had: yikes - I have to go and pick them up from preschool now :) but I'll think about that one! :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber Rawlins. I have 3 children. Gloria just turned 3 on march 11th, eli will be two may, 19th and sophia turned 1 on april, 16th My child...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.