Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
3 yr. old ADHD?
mom2ges posted:
My name is Amber Rawlins I have a 3 yr. old that wont pay attention, wont listen, climbs on absolutly everything, she has also figured out how to climb on my dryer and counters. when she watches t.v. you have to yell her name 4 or 5 times just to get her attention! she has a thing called ashburgers i think thats how its spelt where she has a very mature mind the docs. say she has the mentality of a 6 yr. old i have 2 other children that are 2 and 1 so you can imagine how hard this is! and now my 2 yr. old copies everything she does! i dont want to put her on medicine so if anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with this at home please reply! thank you

FarmWife1979 responded:
Do you mean Aspergers? If so, you need to talk with your pediatrician about her behaviors, but to be honest, I have a perfectly normal 3 yr old that does those same exact things. It's called being 3. It's normal.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

FarmWife1979 replied to FarmWife1979's response:
http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/mental-health-aspergers-syndrome

Here's a webmd link with more info on Asperger's if that's what you are talking about.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

ryanandleigh responded:
I agree with the other poster...many of those behaviors sound quite normal for a 3 year old. Remember she is trying to explore her world (climbing, into everything) and she doesn't want anyone (you calling her while she is busy or telling her what to do) to ruin her 'fun". It certainly can't hurt to talk to her pedi about her behaviors but they sound quite normal to me. Make sure you look her in the eye when speaking to her and be consistent with you actions and expectations of her.

FNPdown2earthMama responded:
On the other hand, if you feel something is wrong, pursue it with your pediatrician. Normal or abnormal is a matter of DEGREE... if your child's behavior is "worse" and "more frequent" than "normal" behavior for this age, it may well be a sign your instincts have picked up a behavior that is potentially treatable.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Lindsay. I'm 28. I've been married to my college not-so sweet-heart since 2004. I'm a Stay at Home Mommy of 2. Alexa is 4 and ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.