Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Any tips.
    babygirljohanna posted:
    Is there such a thing as a TERRIBLE 3 phase???
    Woooowzers!

phoenix31674 responded:
    Yup. My DD was an angel until shortly after her third birthday and we have been having power struggles since. You just have to be consistent with expectations and discipline.
    Me (36), DH (36), DD (3), DS (10/4/2010) and one cat

cyavca05 responded:
    Going through the same exact problem. My daugher turned 3 in September and she has been extremly difficul at times. I'm trying to be consistent, I'm trying to be patient but I find myself getting irritated at her more than what I would like to
    I have found out that letting her help me to do things and keeping her busy helps, when she is not busy she is just thinking of things to do that get her in trouble.
    Good luck to all of us!!!

megbrubaker responded:
    I agree. I think 3 might be worst than 2! DS is almost 3.5 and it seems to be getting better. But sometimes he knows how to push my buttons!
    Megan (26), DH (30)
    Two beautiful children, DS: Boston(3)

annied123 replied to megbrubaker's response:
    I am so happy to read this post!! My DS is nearing his 3rd birthday and I have been thinking if the trend continues, 3 is giong to be way more terrible than 2 was!!
    Not that I am happy other people have teh same thing going on, just glad to read my kid isn't the only one...

RoseLynn02 responded:
    My DD is kind of having the same issue. Mostly she acts out because she is trying so hard to be independent in her own way. She tries doing things she isn't really old enough or able to do herself and then throws a fit if it doesn't work out or if she gets in trouble for it. I think her struggle is mostly trying to find herself and develop a balance between being a baby and being a big kid now. Plus to top it off we have 10month old so she still struggles with going from only to oldest.

leftcoastgirl responded:
    Same story here! I think we have a combination of DD growing out of napping (which is totally screwing up her schedule - some days she doesn't nap and is really tired at the end of the day, some days she does nap and can't sleep, argh!) and growing independence. Last night the fact that I told her she couldn't stand on the open door of the dishwasher sent her into a doozy of a tantrum. Here's hoping all our LOs grow out of this phase soon!!
    Me (35), DH (35), DD (3), and our new addition due January 9, 2012!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber Rawlins. I have 3 children. Gloria just turned 3 on march 11th, eli will be two may, 19th and sophia turned 1 on april, 16th My child...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
    Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    8 of 10 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.