Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mommy_2011 posted:
My daughter is three years old. Every since she was two she has had issues with having bowel movements.... sometimes she wont go for a few days then when she does go its very little at a time and very frequently throughout the day.. it gets to the point where her butt gets raw and she screams when i try to wipe her. I have tried everything from mirlax to stool softners and she still continues to have this problem. Im trying to potty train her but this is making it extremely difficult.. My aunt mentioned something called incoprecis.. not sure if i spelled tht right. Can u help me or direct me to some steps i can take to find out whats going on

Baby1at35 responded:
I would talk with her pedi to see if they have other suggestions. My son was like this and took a long time to poop train. He gets a glass of juice in the morning, mirlax and I give him fiber bars to eat.
He goes pretty regular that way but tends to try and wait to go for some reason.
Good luck !

Katya1985 responded:
I tried so many things with my son( including mirlax) but I found out that the mix frozen veggies work the best for him. I cook them almost with every meal and he goes soft and every day. When I stop giving him these veggies the problem starts again. After I start veggies it is again back to normal. Miracle veggies, I guess: healthy and work well.

FarmWife1979 responded:
Daily applesauce or apples seems to help my DD to stay regular. There are also some yogurts for kids with probiotics in them that might help to regulate his digestion.
Holly (31) DH (38) DD (3-born 11/16/07). Full-time working Mom, Wife, Library Board President, Chef, Chauffer, Maid, Toy Assembler and Repair Technician, and Chief Boo-Boo Kisser.

leftcoastgirl responded:
My sister stirs Benefiber into her daughter's milk. It's that tasteless fiber powder that dissolves in liquid. Seems to do the trick.
Me (35), DH (35), DD (3), and our new addition due January 9, 2012!

cyavca05 responded:
Sorry you are going throught this, for my kids what works best is a slice of pinapple or oranges or dates(dried fruit). very natural sources of a lot of fiber!! Good luck to you !!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Holly, I'm 31, a Mom to one DD (11/16/07) named Sydney. I work full time for a major health insurance company. In what little spare time I...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.