Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Snow for Halloween???
MIOB posted:
Last year was the worst I can remember and now we're already gearing up for a foot of snow tonight?!?!? Anyone else under a Nor'easter watch??? Got any good indoor activities planned?

magsnemma responded:
We got snow last week and are supposed to get more snow this week. I think you guys are getting the storm that hit us last week. Take good care and hopefully your power is on. My in-laws lost power and still don't have it back.

I don't have any new ideas for indoor activities, other than letting DD help me bake, building a fort out of blankets and hiding, and convincing DD that puzzles ARE fun.

MIOB replied to magsnemma's response:
We lost power Saturday night. Still waiting to get it back. Luckily, my parents got theirs back this morning, so we're going to move in for however long it takes to get it back (the website is estimating Thursday at 9pm - I hope they're wrong!). We fingerpainted, played with play-doh, read...

cyn22mull responded:
Wow snow already?? It seems a bit early. Is it normal for you guys to get snow this early?

I hope that you are both doing well!!
Cindy (35) Scott (38) DS Christopher 3

magsnemma replied to cyn22mull's response:
I have no concept of normal here since I moved in June. But we're supposed to get more snow tomorrow and I'm supposed to drive in it to the airport, about an hour. Should be fun! At least it's just me, no DD.

MIOB - I hope you're holding up at your parents' house!

It's definitely too early - the trees still have a lot of leaves, which is causing most of the power problems. The snow weighed down the trees which broke a lot of the lines.

Still at my parents today. The power company's website has pushed back the restoration time until Thursday at 11:45pm. Ugh.

magsnemma replied to MIOB's response:
I thought that I would add that my area is under a blizzard warning right now! Even I can gather that this is not normal. It's crazy right now!

cyn22mull replied to magsnemma's response:
You guys be careful!!
Cindy (35) Scott (38) DS Christopher 3

Good luck! Hopefully you escape unscathed. We got our power back last night. Now, just need to clean out the fridge and restock the whole thing!

Keep safe!

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 7/28/03 I became a mommy for the very first time to the most beautiful angle in the world: Emelie Brianne On 4/30/05 I walked down the isle and ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.