Skip to content
What's Cooking?
cyn22mull posted:
Hi! I hope that everyone had a good weekend!

What's cooking this week?

Sunday - We did take out - Olive Garden
Monday - Hamburgers, cream corn, baked potatos
Tuesday - Tilapia for me and DH and Gorton's crunchy fish for DS, salad, and another veggie
Wednesday - Grilled chicken, brown rice, green beans
Thursday - Eat out - Not cooking on my birthday!!
Friday - Sandwhich night probably grilled cheese for DH, fried egg and cheese for me and DS.
Saturday - Not sure yet...Either pasta or taco's
Cindy (35) Scott (38) DS Christopher 3

magsnemma responded:
Happy Birthday Cindy!!

Here's ours, we're on Weight Watchers so trying to make things healthy:

Sunday: Pork Piccata (DH actually made this, it was great!)
Monday: Orange shrimp with snow peas
Tuesday: Chicken Tikka Masala (I'm attempting to lighten this one)
Wednesday: Salmon with veggies

No idea after that. DH had the idea to split the week in half, so we're doing that for the time being.

jlynnpaine responded:
Hey ladies, I'm going to join you, although Shae's not actually 3 yet. The 2 year board is pretty slow.

Sunday - Chili and buns
Monday - Pork roast with potatoes and carrots
Tuesday - Fajitas
Wednesday - Dinner with my folks
Thursday - Pizza Hut, I have a doctors appt in the city and will just pick it up on my way home
Friday - Can't remember for the life of me
Saturday - Potato soup

miob responded:
Sunday - Pizza and leftovers
Monday - Steak kabobs and rice
Tuesday - Chicken Paprikash with egg noodles
Wednesday - Onion Baked Pork Chops and Mashed Potatoes
Thursday - Chicken Fajitas
Friday - Dinner out
Saturday - Up for grabs

And in between, I'm going to try to avoid the Girl Scout cookies that are invading our household!!!

magsnemma replied to miob's response:
I feel you on the Girl Scout cookies. The cookie mom lives across the street from me, she agreed to be my "dealer." Yikes. I have no self control when it comes to Thin Mints or Tagalongs.

miob replied to magsnemma's response:
For me, it's the Do-Si-Dos....yum. I'm cursing the woman at work who I bought them from.

cyn22mull replied to miob's response:
I have no self control for the tagalongs, do-si-dos, and that one with the coconut, I cant remember the name. Thankfully no one has yet to come by selling them!
Cindy (35) Scott (38) DS Christopher 3

sarahann1978 responded:
@ Cindy- Happy birthday!

@ Jodi- Don't worry that Shae is not 3, I am happy to have you here!

@ Everyone who mentioned GS cookies- Where are mine, I ordered thin mints and do-si-dos and haven't gotten them yet, grrr!

Here is my weekly menu, only I go from Sat-Fri since I grocery shop on Saturday morning which starts my new menu plan.

Sat: Grilled sirloin, spinach salad with mandarins and cranberries, roasted rosemary potatoes with garlic
Sun: Chicken chow mein, rice, potstickers, fruit salad
Mon: Homemade pizza
Tues: Corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes, and corn bread
Wed: Grilled chicken, asparagus, rice
Thurs: Pork chops in the crockpot, noodles, a veggie, salad
Fri: stuffed bell peppers, some sides

I participate in a fruit/veggie coop called Bountiful Baskets and it was incredible this week! It got a bunch of spinach, asparagus, a head of romaine lettuce, 4 or 5 bell peppers, 6 onions, 6 tomatoes, a pint of blueberries, 4 braeburn apples, and 5 or 6 oranges. It was all only $16.50. It has inspired a lot of my menu this week and we also did French onion soup for lunch and blueberry pancakes for breakfast this weekend.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

sarahann1978 replied to sarahann1978's response:
I forgot Bountiful Baskets also included a sack of new red potatoes and a head of cabbage, thus the inspiration for corned beef and cabbage!
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

lenono97 responded:
I tried a new chicken and cheese enchilada receipe last night and DH liked it! It even had sour cream in which he hates. I am very excited to have a new meal to add to the rotation. Tonight I am going to try angel hair pasta and shrimp. I bought a garlic and butter sauce to go with it which we have not tried before. I hope it's good.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Tracey. I am 30 years old and married to my best friend. We have been married since October 2006. I have 4 step-children and 1 of my...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.