Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Super Bowl
cyn22mull posted:
Anyone having any super bowl parties, or going to one?

If so, whats on the menu?
Who do you hope wins?
Cindy (35) Scott (38) DS Christopher 3

cyn22mull responded:
We have one every year at our place. It's nothing big, usually just my sister, her husband and my DH's best friend. This year we are serving foods from Boston and NY (maybe not 100%). For NY we are doing more street vendor foods.

Potato Skins (not really from either place but we have to make these)
Boston Baked beans
Crab cakes
Nathan's hot dogs with a topping bar (chili, slaw, relish)
Meatball Subs
Soft pretzels
Boston cream pie
Cheesecake
Veggie tray and chips, salsa, cheese dip.

To space the food out some we are having the baked beans and hot dogs for an early dinner. I know it's way too much food for the few people that we have over but we are trying to have some fun with it!

I will admit I am not a huge fan of either team, but we will be pulling for the Giants as my brother in law is from NY.
Cindy (35) Scott (38) DS Christopher 3

Jackie03291 responded:
We're just hanging out and home and watching together. My FIL wanted us to come up to his house about an hour away, but we don't want to have to drive home that night late with all the drunks on the road. The only thing that I know that I really want to make is buffalo chicken dip!! That is my fav and I haven't had it in forever! Oh and we want the Giants to win!!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

magsnemma responded:
Usually we go to a party, but the people we thought were going to host, never sent out invites. So I guess we'll watch at home. I also record the Puppy Bowl, I have a feeling this year DD will want to watch with me.

And I don't even remember who is playing this year. After the Broncos lost, I lost track of which teams were still playing. I'm not a huge football fan, but living in CO, there was Bronco/Tebow stuff everywhere.

The only thing I want to make is buffalo chicken dip, so good!

miob responded:
We were invited to 2 parties, but if my team makes the Super Bowl, I like to sit and watch it in the quiet of my own house without the noise and hoopla to distract me! And since the Pats are in, I'll be staying home - if only I could talk DH into watching it somewhere else, it would be perfect (he's a negative nelly - not fun to watch a game with)

I'm going to make a vat of meatballs and sausages the day before so we can make subs the day of (I'll throw them in the crockpot so I don't have to cook during the game!). And probably a few dips - maybe chicken wings, too. And nachos...I love game food!!!!

The diet goes out the window for game time!

jlynnpaine responded:
I wish we had a bigger house and then we'd host an actual party but it's just not possible with our small space so we just invite my parents and brother to watch the game with us.

I'm making a couple of homemade pizzas and breadsticks, then we'll have a few different types of snacks with dips and my mom is making a huckleberry dessert as well.

I'm not a fan of either team, but will cheer for the Giants since I hate them less than the Patriots.

sarahann1978 replied to magsnemma's response:
@ Ali, Broncos/Tebow stuff everywhere is a GREAT thing!

@Cindy, my goodness, you go all out, can I come over!

We will just stay home and watch it. I haven't even thought about food yet, but love guacamole and I make this really good cream cheese chip dip. I'll have to get on the plans for some other yummy food!

I'm not a big fan of either team. I am not bitter towards the Pats for beating the Broncos like everyone seems to think I will be. They made a good run, and I'm just happy they even beat the Steelers, that was totally unexpected! And look out for next year NFL, GB^2!!!

Brady is a great quarterback, but so is Eli. It should be a fun game to watch no matter who wins!
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Lindsay. I'm 28. I've been married to my college not-so sweet-heart since 2004. I'm a Stay at Home Mommy of 2. Alexa is 4 and ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.