Skip to content
3 year olds say the craziest things...
Jackie03291 posted:
So needless to say my 3 year old little princess managed to royally embarass me this morning. We were just walking in to her new school/daycare and the director walks out of her office to say hi and check in because this is only her third day there, and all of a sudden Ava farts loudly , looks at me with this huge smile on her face, and says "Mom, I farted just like you did!" LOL (Oh, and btw, I did NOT just fart either! LOL)

OMG, I nearly died! My little lady spends way too much time with daddy! LOL

Anyone else have their 3 year old say something funny or embarassing?
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

cyn22mull responded:
I was at starbucks ordered my coffee, and we were at the window paying. Christopher starts waving and hollers from the back seat..."Hey Lady, Hey Lady, I love coffee like mommy" I wanted to sink right into my seat. Thankfully she just smiled and said he was cute. I think I was more embarrased by him saying "Hey Lady"

One day in wal-mart, we were in the "female" section along with several other women....I knew something was going to happen when he started clapping. He is clapping and hollers out "Mommy, you wear diappers like I used to, I didn't know that." I am a big boy and dont need them anymore." I Really, wanted to just run.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

magsnemma responded:
I thought of one that DD said a couple of days ago. I was checking a recipe on the computer and something must of looked like Santa in the background.

DD: That looks like Santa, it's Santa!
Me: That does look like Santa (it was something red, I don't even remember what it was.)
DD: Mom, everyone poops. Does Santa poop?
Me: Everyone poops so yeah, Santa poops.
DD: (singing) Poopy Santa, Poopy Santa....and on and on and on.

I just busted out laughing and told her to go sing the song to DH.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

Jackie03291 responded:
OMG and here is another funny one. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with girl # 2 and Ava said something to me the other day about my "fat belly" as she calls it and I said that once the baby gets here, mommy's fat belly will go away (at least I hope!). Anyways, she got this pitifully sad and upset look on her face like she was about to burst into tears and said, "Don't throw your fat belly away mom, I don't want you to throw it away!" LOL I then had to spend the next 5 minutes trying to explain to her that the only reason my belly was fat was because the baby was in there so once she came out, it wouldn't be fat anymore. Not quite sure if she fully understood, but it was just too cute seeing her face and her reaction! LOL
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

miob responded:
About 2 months ago, DS was at the toilet and standing up to pee. He didn't put the toilet seat up high enough and it came crashing down on his penis. We went through about a month when he was horribly afraid of the toilet seat.

Finally, DH went out and bought a slow closing toilet seat. We were out at the dentist the next day with my mother. He turned to her and said (in a crowded waiting room) "Nanny! Daddy bought me a new toilet seat and now it won't crush my gibblets anymore!"

My mother and I started cracking up.

cyn22mull responded:
It's funny how they can be so sweet and quiet sometimes but then just at the "right" time they get loud and find something great to say!!
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

jlynnpaine responded:
Last night we were at my parents house for dinner. My brother usually joins us but was late because he had a migraine. Shae asked where he was and we told her he had a headache and would be there later. She said that when he got there she'd give him a hug and a kiss and make him all better. So when he got there, she did. Then this morning on our way to my mom's to drop her off she said, "Unky had a headache but I gave him a hug and a kiss and now he just has a head." I thought that was hilarious.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been happily married for almost 4 years now. I have a son who just turned 3 in August. We are currently expecting our second son who is due on ...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.