Skip to content
Bedtime
cyn22mull posted:
Just some questions to see what everyone's bedtime routine is like!

What time does your LO go to bed?
What time do they wake up or do you have to wake them?
What is your bedtime routine like?
Do they still nap?
Do you let them stay up later on the weekends?

Feel free to add on.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

magsnemma responded:
What time does your LO go to bed? 7 PM, or later if on the 1% chance she naps.

What time do they wake up or do you have to wake them? 7 AM usually.

What is your bedtime routine like? Every other night bath, then brush teeth, story, white noise machine, and kisses. I am lucky, she goes right to bed most of the time.

Do they still nap? No...sigh.

Do you let them stay up later on the weekends? No, maybe when she gets older.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

miob responded:
What time does your LO go to bed? 9pm

What time do they wake up or do you have to wake them? 6:30
and usually, he's waking up on his own

What is your bedtime routine like? At around 8:30, DS and I snuggle in my bed with a book and then tv time. At around 5 minutes to 9, DS calls DH in to come get him. DS gets his teeth brushed, a last trip to the potty and then to bed.

Do they still nap? Yes

Do you let them stay up later on the weekends? Nope. 9pm is late enough!

On a side note, I've asked his pediatrician about his bedtime and wakeup because I was concerned he wasn't getting enough sleep. He said if DS wasn't cranky, he was fine and that some kids just need less sleep - and mine is one of them (which is unfortunate, because I require a lot of sleep!)

Jackie03291 responded:
Ava goes to bed at 8:30pm and wakes up at 6:30am during the week. She has a two hour nap period at school and when she is home she usually takes about a 1-2 hour nap still.

Her routine is that we usually eat dinner when we get home around 6:30pm and our goal is to get in the bath by 7:30pm. She gets a bath and ready for bed by 8pm. Then from 8-8:30pm she usually gets a small snack and then either plays or watches a movie or something.

Right before bed we rock and sing a couple of songs and read a quick book. Then lights out, music on and in bed! Sometimes she gets to stay up later on the weekends, it just depends. If she took a good nap during the day then she can usually stay up a little later, but if she is whining or did not sleep good, then we usually try to get her to bed by 8:30pm still.
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

cyn22mull responded:
What time does your LO go to bed? usually he is in bed between 7:30 and 8.

What time do they wake up or do you have to wake them? I hate it, but I wake him at 6. some mornings he is waking already. I usually open his door and turn the hall light on when I get up at 5:30

What is your bedtime routine like? DH gives him his bath in the afternoons, as he picks him up at 3. So usually bath about 4. Then after dinner we play the match game or watch one cartoon, put on pj's, go up and read 2 books, brush teeth, and rock, and then count. DS loves to count before bed.

Do they still nap? During the week at daycare they nap/rest from 12-2 and he does usually nap. On the weekends, not so much.

Do you let them stay up later on the weekends? Not usually, If we are on vacation then I do let him stay up until 8:30 -9, but we sleep in the next morning.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

kc_94920 responded:
1) Coco goes to bed at 6:30pm. Rarely (very rarely) she makes it to 7 before falling asleep.

2) She wakes up on her own between 6:15 and 6:30 every morning.

3) Dinner, Bath, Brush Teeth, Read a Book, Rock, Bed. Dinner is usually around 5, she gets in the tub by 6 and I walk out at 6:30.

4) No, we stopped at 3.5

5) Not really, she's done by 6:30 and is usually asking to hit the tub and go to bed. If we're out and about for dinner she can handle it just fine but I don't ask her to stay up past 7 very often.
KC~ Mady (9), Logan (7) and Coco (almost 4!!!)

lenono97 responded:
What time does your LO go to bed? 9:30pm

What time do they wake up or do you have to wake them? On the days I am home she usually wakes up on her own anytime between 8-9am. When I work my husband usually has to wake her up around 8.

What is your bedtime routine like? Bath around 8:30pm if it's a bath night. Pajamas, snack and she chooses either a book or watching Sprout then brush teeth and in bed.

Do they still nap? Yes, usually about 2 hours long.

Do you let them stay up later on the weekends? No, unless were out late at family's house or an activity.

jlynnpaine responded:
What time does your LO go to bed? She's usually in bed by 8:00, though lately she's been having a hard time falling asleep.
[br>What time do they wake up or do you have to wake them? She wakes up about 7:00, on nights that she has a hard time falling asleep, I have to wake her up by 7:15 so that I can get her ready to go to my mom's before I leave for work.
[br>What is your bedtime routine like? About 7:30 we start with a bath, brush teeth, get jammies on then read 2-3 books and then into bed where we sing a couple songs and then leave the room.
[br>Do they still nap? Yes, between 1-2 hours most days, with an occasional 2 1/2 hour nap in there if she's overly tired
[br>Do you let them stay up later on the weekends? Very rarely if we're out and about and we do adjust by 15 minutes or so if she had a late/long nap.

sarahann1978 responded:
What time does your LO go to bed? 8:30pm

What time do they wake up or do you have to wake them? On school days I wake him up at 7:15am, the other four days we let him sleep until he wakes up, usually around 8:00am

What is your bedtime routine like? At 7:00ish we head to the bath, he plays as long as he wants, but if it hits 8:00 we encourage him to finish up. They jammies and a little play time to burn out that last energy. We brush teeth and go into his room at 8:30pm for reading and sometimes singing or reciting the alphabet. Lights out by 9:00pm

Do they still nap? Yes, at school he has a nap period between noon and 2:00pm. At home we try to get him down at 1:00pm, and sometimes he won't sleep, but we usually make him stay in bed for at least 30 minutes.

Do you let them stay up later on the weekends? We aren't as strict about trying to get him in bed, but try to maintain a similar schedule for continuity.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

ryanandleigh responded:
[br>What time does your LO go to bed? 8 is when her bedtime routine starts and she is in her bed at 8:30 but she procrastinates so much that she isn't asleep until at least 9. [br>What time do they wake up or do you have to wake them? On the days she goes to preschool I get her up at 7:45. On the other days I let her sleep as late as 8:30. [br>What is your bedtime routine like? 8 is snack time and story time with her brother in our bedroom. They are usually done by 8:25 (this is 2 books each) and then they brush teeth. By the time there is last hugs and songs, it is usually 8:50 when we leave her room.[br>Do they still nap? Nap? What is that? JK - she hasn't napped since she was 20 months old. (DS stopped at 21 months.) [br>Do you let them stay up later on the weekends? Not if I can help it.[br>

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! My name is Erin and I live just outside of Green Bay, WI. I'm married with two BEAUTIFUL children. Cameron is 3.5 and Colleen is 1. They are v...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.