Skip to content
What's cooking
cyn22mull posted:
Hi! What's everyone got cooking this week?

Mon — not sure yet!
Tuesday — chicken, rice, corn, green beans
Wednesday — Hot dogs and chips
Thursday — Pasta, salad, garlic bread
Friday — tuna casserole
Saturday — eat out
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

jlynnpaine responded:
Monday - not sure. I have chicken wraps on the menu but we had those Saturday because whatever we were supposed to have Saturday didn't sound very good to me.
Tuesday - Steak, veggies, mashed potatoes and gravy.
Wednesday - Dinner with my parents
Thursday - Tacos
Friday - Can't remember what's on the menu
Saturday - Taco soup and tortilla chips

kc_94920 responded:
Tonight we're having a roasted chicken, potatoes au gratin, asparagus and a salad. No idea what's coming up for the rest of the week but I'm heading to the market to figure it all out.
KC~ Mady (9), Logan (7) and Coco (almost 4!!!)

magsnemma responded:
Monday - Some crockpot concoction of DH's
Tuesday - Chicken lettuce wraps

The rest of the week is unplanned so far, we have to go back to the store. I also just realized that DH used the chicken I needed for the lettuce wraps in his crockpot deal today.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

miob responded:
Monday - chicken nuggets and french fries for DH & DS, salad for me (a little too much junk on Super Bowl Sunday!)
Tuesday - marinaded pork chops, rice and veggie
Wednesday - homemade spaghetti and meatballs
Thursday - Turkey Kilbasae, mac n cheese and beans
Friday - Dinner out
Saturday - who knows?!?!

sarahann1978 responded:
Sat: grilled burgers, onion rings, fruit salad
Sun: Hot wings for us, chicken nuggets for DS, potato skins and carrot sticks
Mon: Stuffed shells, homemade french bread with olive oil/balsamic dip, green beans
Tues: baked tillapia, garlic mashed potatoes, salad
Wed: Pork chops, noodles, steamed veggies
Thurs:Sloppy Joes, sweet potato fries, fruit
Fri: Jodi's taco soup
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

jlynnpaine replied to sarahann1978's response:
Yay for taco soup this week! Do you make your own onion rings or by them frozen? They sound SO good.

I keep meaning to make stuffed shells, but forget to buy the ingredients for them. I've bought some premade ones before that were good (Gatlin and Shae didn't care for them though, they're anti-ricotta) but I'm thinking of trying to make some that they would like a little bit better. How do you make yours?

sarahann1978 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Your soup is awesome and I have been craving it!

I make my own onion rings and use the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, it's easy:

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/appetizers-snacks/onion-rings/

I didn't even add salt, or salt them after cooking.

For the shells I got a recipe out of one of the parenting magazines, I often cut out recipes and tape them in a blank cookbook that I have. The stuffing is a brick of mozerella shredded (8oz I think?), a small container of ricotta, and chopped up steamed brocolli. My DH doesn't care for brocolli so I either make him some without it, or if I substitute spinach, he is ok with that. It calls for jar marinara sauce, but you could make your own too, and you just put a layer of sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish, stuff the cooked shells with the cheese/veggie mixture and line them up on the sauce, then poor a thin layer of sauce over the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheeses are melted.

Have you tried substituting ricotta with cottage cheese? It's pretty similar, but has a slightly different consistency/palatability. I have heard some people stuff them with sausage mixture too, but I haven't tried that.

Jackie03291 replied to sarahann1978's response:
Ok, now you guys have to share this taco soup recipe, because I am curious to try it now after the rave reviews from Sarah!!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

sarahann1978 replied to Jackie03291's response:
http://forums.webmd.com/3/parenting-2-year-olds-exchange/forum/14018/8#8

Hopefully that takes you to the post in the 2-year-old boards where she gives her recipe and I share what I did.

jlynnpaine replied to sarahann1978's response:
Awesome! Thanks for the onion ring recipe. I can't wait to try them. Good idea on swapping cottage cheese for ricotta. They both like cottage cheese just fine.

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.