Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Check-In and Valentine's Day Plans
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Good morning or afternoon Mommies!

Amelia has passed the baton to me while she is working on some other assignments and I wanted to pop in, say hello!

I checked out the Roll Call post and love your ideas about creating weekly posts. I see WTF/What's Cooking is taking off and think Confessions would also be a good one to start.

Also, your noticed your observations about the board being slow. I'm up for trying to get things going and welcoming new members.

Have any of you tried "Send to a Friend"? The link is in the top right, under "Find us on: FB TW" link. Let's all invite a friend to the community, the more the merrier!

What do you have planned for Valentine's Day? I am kicking myself right now. My daughter and I need to finish her class Valentine's. Why can't I just buy the box of Valentines and be finished?

No, I had to suggest a craft! 18 done, 7 more to go! And, still need to work on teachers card/craft. Pics to come!

Since I didn't arrange for a babysitter and my daughter thinks Valentine's Day is a family event, I am going to pick up some pre-made items at Fresh Market, hit the french bakery and call it an evening. Little cooking, little clean-up!

Who's next? Share your Monday groans or triumphs and plans for Lover's Day.

Elizabeth

cyn22mull responded:
DH and I had our Valentines date this weekend, we went to dinner and the symphony on Saturday. We had a wonderful evening out. I think for dinner tomorrow night we will order in. I did get DH a card a bag of peanut butter cups.

I need to do DS's valentines for his class. Looks like I will be doing that this evening!! He has 26 in his class so I just went with the box kind. I let him pick them out so we ended up with Spiderman.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

miob responded:
DS is having his Valentine's celebration at daycare today so we spent yesterday making cupcakes together. He walked into daycare today and proudly announced 'Mommy and I made cupcakes!'.

Tomorrow, we're going to go out for dinner as a family and then we're going to the local pet store where DS will get to pick out a betta fish. We lost our dog late last year and DS still talks about how much he misses her, so we're taking our first foray back into pet ownership by starting small. We're still getting over the loss so this seemed like a good way to start and a great Valentine's Day gift for DS. I think he'll be so excited. I'm going to set up the small fish tank in his room tonight while he's sleeping so he'll see it when he wakes up!

jlynnpaine responded:
Shae made DH and I a Valentine last week with my mom and was SO excited to give it to us. It was super cute. She also made some for her uncle and Grandma and Papa. I wasn't planning on doing anything for her, since DH and I never do anything special, but since she has been so into it this year, I've decided to get her a card and a flower from DH and I. She adores flowers and I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it.

Like I said, DH and I don't usually do anything for the day, no cards or anything. I do have a steak in the freezer that I could take out and make for dinner tomorrow night that would be somewhat special.

sarahann1978 responded:
We are heading out on a work/vacation trip so we will be in the truck most of the day, especially if the weather is bad and we have to take it slow. I am giving the boys their gift tonight which is a Guitar Hero game and I'm making them sugar cookies for the trip. We might try to go to a nice family dinner for a date tomorrow night, but I won't have reservations or anything, so something informal.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

magsnemma responded:
DH and I aren't really doing anything special. Our sitter is out for the next couple of months anyway.
DD has almost 20 kids and she picked Cars valentines so that's what we're doing. She does have two teachers, who are awesome, and we made special Valentines for them. Tomorrow morning her school is doing a Sweetheart's breakfast. DH can't go but I'll be there. Nothing else special. I saw DH try to sneak a box of chocolates upstairs, he is terrible at hiding stuff. So I got him some of the fruit flavored Tootsie rolls, they can be hard to find and DH loves them.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a SAHM of 2 little girls (3 and 6y/o).

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.