Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Deep cough and congestion.
agrandma posted:
My granddaughter visits me just about every two weeks. For the past one and half to two months, she has had a deep cough. This past weekend, she had a fever of 100. My daughter says she has taken her to the doctor several times and brings medicine with her. She says it is allergies. I'm just curious if anyone knows about 3-year-olds having allergies that effect them for up to two months? I've been tempted to take her to the doctor myself and see for myself. Any responses are appreciated.

jlynnpaine responded:
Did she say what is was she was allergic to? What type of medicine is she taking? Kids can definitely have allergies and depending on what it is they're allergic to, you may not be able to eliminate that from their lives (pollen for example) whereas an allergy to cats you may be able to keep her away from cats and see the symptoms disappear.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

ryanandleigh responded:
Has she taken her to an allergist to narrow down what she is allergic to? What type of medicine is she on? My daughter is allergic to just about everything. None of her symptoms is a deep cough but she does get congestion. We didn't realize it was allergies as it just seemed like she always had a cold during the winter months. I do know that sometimes a cough is hard to get rid of when you do have a cold. It lingers longer than other symptoms. I would probably ask her mother about the medicine she is on and if she has taken her to an allergist.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Heather. I have 2 very active boys, Aidan=4 and Tyler=3. I have been on webmd since TTC Aidan. I've been married to Terry since '0...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.