Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Check-In - 02/27/12
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Good Morning or Afternoon Mommies!

Hope all had a good weekend! Anybody watch the Oscars last night? Have you seen any of the movies? Sad, I have not!

WebMD was live tweeting health and beauty tips while watching the Red Carpet. It was something new and fun! Check out our comments on TW!

Share what you did over the weekend and any plans you have for the week and any challenges you have going on.

Elizabeth

jlynnpaine responded:
I did not watch the Oscars nor have I seen any of the movies that were nominated.

We had an okay weekend, but DD is sick so that was no fun at all. I have an OB appointment on Thursday and am looking forward to that (other than the weigh in of course). Other than that, taking it easy and trying to get DD healthy again. My biggest challenge right now is sleeping though the night. Between DD being sick and potty breaks, I feel like a zombie.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

magsnemma responded:
I didn't watch, but I checked out the dresses this morning online. I think that I only saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which was very well done.

Got to go shopping for the first time in a while, but other than that, not much going on in these parts.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

sarahann1978 responded:
DH turned on the Oscars for a couple minutes, but I despies those shows. The minute we watched it Billy Crystal summed up my thougths exactly when he said amid the economic crisis here are a bunch of millionares passing out golden trophies, gag!

Satuday we went to the park, then grocery shopping. We had a Wii Sports Resort family tournament that night. Yesterday was cold and windy so after church we mostly hung out in the house and had a relaxing day.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

miob responded:
We pretty much spent the weekend recovering from our vacation last week. DS needed to get back into his regular nap routine before he went back to daycare, so we stayed home a lot. Vacation was good, but by Thursday DS had pretty much had it. We couldn't even get him engaged at the aquarium, which he typically loves. It was definitely time to head home and call it a day.

Challenges - DS has now decided he is deathly afraid of any type of insect (so far, he's had a hysertical crying fit over a spider and a mosquito). Any ideas on how to change his reaction? We've tried the whole 'they're more afraid of you than you are of them' bit and the 'they're not going to hurt you' bit as well.

As for the Oscars, I didn't watch any of it. The only movie I had seen was Moneyball (which I loved but knew would never win).

cyn22mull responded:
I watched some of the red carpet they were showing on E! I like to see what they wear. I had not seen any of the movies, so I did not really watch any of the actual awards show.

This weekend seemed busy but good. My parents came up for the weekend. DH and I had a dinner date. I cleaned out the bedroom closet and took 5 bags to goodwill. I think this weekend I will do DS closet and room.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

Momma2Ethan responded:
I didn't watch the Oscars. I saw The Help, which was really good. I like the book better though. We hung out around the house and played outside. Wonderful weather this past weekend! High's in the 70's
Me(27) DH(27) DS(2) 8.19.08

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Heather. I have 2 very active boys, Aidan=4 and Tyler=3. I have been on webmd since TTC Aidan. I've been married to Terry since '0...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.