Skip to content
Pillowcase
Momma2Ethan posted:
Hi mommas! Ethan has always been a "hot" sleeper. His body gets so hot at night. Mine does too though so that part doesn't bother me. I have to change his pillowcase every other night though because it starts stinking so bad. I'm thinking it's from sweat maybe. Does anyone else have this problem?
Me(28) DH(28) DS(3)

cyn22mull responded:
Yes!! I could have written this post! Just last night we put a fan in DS's room. I need to go buy a ceiling fan and put that up. We change his pillow case every other day or every 2 days. And his stuffed animals....I wash the one's I can every two weeks, the others I spot wipe every few days and toss in the dryer with a dryer sheet to freshen up.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

sarahann1978 responded:
Would it maybe help to wash the pillow in hot water and with bleach? I'm thinking maybe all the sweat has carried through to the pillow so when he sweats it reactivates the smell that is stored in there from old sweat. I know some pillows are washable and some are not, I would get him a washable one and regularly clean it too.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

Momma2Ethan replied to cyn22mull's response:
We have a ceiling fan and a box fan. LOL! I am sooo glad I'm not the only one with this issue, though it isn't fun at all. Good thing we have lots of pillow cases.
Me(28) DH(28) DS(3)

Momma2Ethan replied to sarahann1978's response:
I'm going to Walmart and just getting all of us new washable pillows. The ones we have now, I'm not sure if we can wash. The tag is so worn on them and not readable any longer. Honestly, I had no idea you could even wash pillows! LOL! Can you put them in the dryer too or do they need to sun dry? Thanks Sarah!
Me(28) DH(28) DS(3)

Jackie03291 replied to Momma2Ethan's response:
You can put them in the dryer, and I would recommend putting a tennis ball in there with them. It helps to keep the filling from bunching up when it bounces around in there with them.
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

sarahann1978 replied to Momma2Ethan's response:
Yes, like Jackie said, the dryer is great, especially with a tennis ball. Sometimes I will take our pillows and put them in the dryer on an air only cycle to fluff them up.

sarahann1978 replied to sarahann1978's response:
I just thought of another bit of advice for washing pillows. If you have an upright washer don't wash one at a time, make sure you have your washer balanced, 2-3 pillows around the tub, so it does not bang out of control when it goes into the spin cycle since the pillow stuffing with hold a lot of water.

Momma2Ethan replied to Jackie03291's response:
This is great! LOL! Thanks Jackie
Me(28) DH(28) DS(3)

Momma2Ethan replied to sarahann1978's response:
Thanks Sarah! We have a front loader (Love it!) but I will be washing a couple at least at a time. So glad we can dry them in the dryer too
Me(28) DH(28) DS(3)

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.