Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pintrest
cyn22mull posted:
Anyone use it?? Just curious as to what it is. Do you have to be invited?
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

sarahann1978 responded:
I use it, sparingly. I know many, many friends who are hopelessy addicted to it, LOL! You just have to request it and in a couple of days they send you an invite, it's not like you have to be invited by a third party.

So as I can tell, it's a place that you set up categories of things you are interested in and when you see something on the web you can pin it, so it gives you a link back to whatever the idea was. So say if you like recipes, you could create a recipe category, and as you see a recipe you like you can pin it so you save it for when you need it. I also have kids craft ideas and cakes on mine. Some people pin fashion, or home decorating ideas.

You can also search for things and see what your friends have pinned for ideas.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

jlynnpaine replied to sarahann1978's response:
I just started using it about a month or so ago. I think it's okay, and I find some decent recipes on there, some fun ideas for kids projects, and photography ideas. And like Sarah said, you can look at stuff your friends have pinned and steal those too. I don't spend much time looking though, just browse through when I have some free time. You can request an invitation or have someone invite you.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

cyn22mull responded:
Thanks for the info! I will have to check it out this weekend. I can hardly keep up with Facebook so I might just use this for new dinner ideas!

magsnemma responded:
Let me know if you want an invite. I've heard that it's easier to invite someone rather than requesting one. I've been on Pinterest for almost a year now! It's a massive time suck but it's a lot of fun.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

cyn22mull replied to magsnemma's response:
Hi Ali. Could you please send me an invite? You can send it to cyn22mull@gmail.com Thanks!!

sarahann1978 replied to cyn22mull's response:
I don't know if anyone else already did, but I just sent you one. Let me know if you did not get it.
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

magsnemma replied to sarahann1978's response:
Oh good. I got sidetracked. Thanks Sarah. Welcome to the time suck! I've got the same user name there too, just in case you want a Pinterest buddy.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

cyn22mull replied to sarahann1978's response:
Thanks!! I got it. Trying to figure it out!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Tracey. I am 30 years old and married to my best friend. We have been married since October 2006. I have 4 step-children and 1 of my...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.