Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Potty training update
blueeyebaby posted:
Thanks ladies for all your tips.

I decided enough was enough on Feb 15th and put Caleb in the training underpants after he got up from his nap/rest time. He had one accident with DH while Caleb was playing in the sink (good thing was it was in the bathroom so no cleaning on the rugs for DH). We did pull ups at night and rest time but underpants all waking hours. He has done great!! Once in a while he waits too long and goes a little before we make it to the potty but most times he makes it just fine. And a few times he has just gone all on his own (making him feel like such a big kid). We have done great with poop in the potty too (he always went poop in his pull ups and refused to go on the potty even though he would tell us when he started going in his pull up). We only had one poop not in the potty but he was still in his pull up after nap time. I am so excited that he is doing so well!! I am so happy to be done buying his diapers!! The added test will be traveling to see the in-laws this weekend (he has done good there in the past when he was on his potty using kick at Christmas). He has done good out shopping and at the park so we are hopeful!! Then for easter we are taking a long drive south to visit my family so that will be the final test I think. I have faith that he will do good....just the added stress of potty stops along the drives for me but it is well worth it!!

Again thank you for all your tips. Now to work on our 20 month old daughter and get her diaper free (by 2 would be nice but we will see how she does)
Mary(31), DH(31), DS(Jan2009), DS(July2010)

sarahann1978 responded:
Good work!
Sarah (33) DH (30) DS (Jan 2009) baby (Aug 2012)

tchance55 responded:
I'm happy for you and best wishes with your daughter!

jlynnpaine responded:
That's great! We bought a travel potty for DD because we go on long trips fairly often and there aren't always rest stops available when she needs to go. They sell them on Amazon if you want to check them out. Good luck with potty training your DD. I'm sure watching her big brother will help.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

cyn22mull replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Hi Jodi! If you dont mind me asking, what travel potty did you get? We are traveling to FL in May and that might come in handy for us. I checked on Amazon and see there are several different kinds!

Thanks!!
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

jlynnpaine replied to cyn22mull's response:
We got this one. It comes with the bags and you can buy extras for it as needed.

http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-1730-blue-Potty-Blue/dp/B000F1MM2I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1331144611&sr=8-7

DD has rarely needed it, but it works well when she does.

blueeyebaby replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Thanks for the info...we may need to look into that....especially going through the mountains and all. I was also wondering for those that have potty trained kids, do they still seem to get diaper rash or yeast infections? C had one going the other day and I just used cream with the underpants and changed the underpants each potty time. Does that sound right?? Should he continue to get the rashes?
Mary(31), DH(31), DS(Jan2009), DS(July2010)

cyn22mull replied to blueeyebaby's response:
Congrats on the potty training!! My DS does get a red bum once in awhile but not really a full blown rash...I do put diaper rash cream on it and change his underwear often. I did finally put two and two together last night and I think he gets it when he has too many oranges He had 2 oranges yesterday and then last night he had a red bum!
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

jlynnpaine replied to blueeyebaby's response:
My DD has gotten rashes since potty training too. I just put cream on before I put her panties on in the mornings and then if she asks for it after using the potty, we reapply.

Spotlight: Member Stories

my name is shanna. i met my husband at 16. we have three beautiful children. 1 girl and 2 boys. my youngest is 3. i am a homemaker which means i do ev...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.