Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Help!! My 3 yr old daughters tantrums....
    ProudMommy121208 posted:
    Hi. I am a single first time mom and my 3 yr old's tantrums are getting way out of control!! She throws things at me and her gma, she bites, scratches, hits, and mouths off. What can we do?

jlynnpaine responded:
    Do you use time outs for behavior like that? If my DD throws a toy in anger, we take the toy and put it on top of the fridge where she can't play with it and tell her that we don't throw toys. For hitting and biting, she gets a time out immediately. For mouthing off, we tell her that she needs to use a nice voice when she talks to us or she will get a time out. If she continues, she goes to time out. I would say be firm and consistent and do not allow that behavior to continue. If she receives a consequence for it every single time, she will eventually learn that it's not okay.
    Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

neeru_pdx responded:
    I would recommend trying to get to the underlying issue. Escalating behaviour probably means there is something bothering her. I would deal with it with extra love, cuddles and talking when things are calmer. I would take away the toys, but not as a punishment, more because you don't want things to break. And re-direct her, tell her you know she is mad, and work with her to find another way to show her anger.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a proud momma to 4 kids...DS (2004), DD (2006), DD (2007), and DD (2008)...and if you want to count my DH it's 5...lol. I'm a SAHM wishin...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
    Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    8 of 10 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.