Skip to content
TGIF!
cyn22mull posted:
Happy Friday!!!

What does everyone have planned for this weekend??

DH has to work tomorrow so I am going to take DS on a "date" for breakfast! He has heard DH and I mention date before and he said he wanted to go so I thought I would take him to breakfast tomorrow. Then I will probably do a quick clean house and wash clothes before DH gets home. Not sure what we will do that evening.

We go to my parents house every Easter since its a long weekend off work and it's a 4hr drive...so this Sunday we will go to DS parents house and dye eggs and maybe do a small easter egg hunt if the weather is nice, that way they can enjoy in some of the Easter fun.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

miob responded:
I'm so glad that it's Friday. Tomorrow, DS, DH and I are going to continue my new car shopping venture. Hoping to narrow it down by the end of the weekend. Been a tough choice so far.

Sunday, since the weather is supposed to turn cold and rainy, I thought I might take DS to see The Lorax. He's been asking for it since it came out and this is the first crummy weekend we've had in a while here.

sarahann1978 responded:
Cindy- I take my son on dates about everytime my DH goes out-of-town for work. It's fun to have that one-on-one time, and also it spares me from having to cook and do dishes while taking sole care of DS. Last time I did it we went to Pizza Hut for dinner and one of DS's daycare friends was their having a Daddy/Daughter date so that was fun!

My brother and his family of 6 are supposed to be coming for a visit late Saturday night and also bringing my Mom, so tomorrow we are cleaning house and prepping for their visit. I am a little nervous though because at DS's preschool there has been a nasty bug going around and so far we haven't had it, but DS was coughing a little when he woke up. If he gets sick we may and warn them to skip our house and go straight to my other brother's house. Hopefully he is just having some spring allergies though.

In the early morning I am picking up a fruit and veggie co-op basket and am excited because I haven't gotten one in a while.
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

magsnemma replied to miob's response:
Ooohhh, what kind of car are you guys looking at?

DD and I are going to AZ this weekend for the baby shower. I'm looking forward to seeing my sis and my mom is going to watch DD while sis and I see The Hunger Games. Whoo hoo!

Sarah- I found out that Bountiful Baskets has a location here, but the pickup time is 7 AM and it's across town. Boo! I think we're going to join a CSA this year though instead.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

Jackie03291 responded:
OMG TGIF! This week has really dragged by!

Tomorrow morning I have to get the house clean and then tomorrow afternoon Ava has a birthday party at a local barnyard, so that should be fun as long as the weather cooperates!

Sunday we haven't made any plans yet, so I'm sure that we will just end up hanging out around the house and playing.
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

miob replied to magsnemma's response:
DH is so frustrated with me because of this car search. I've been all over the map. Right now, I'm looking at the Mazda CX-5, Kia Sportage and the Mitsubishi Outlander. I test drove the Mazda 3 but it really was too small after driving an SUV for so long. I drove a used Lincoln MKZ, but it wasn't my style. We has a very mild winter, so I'm trying to keep that in mind every time I think I dont't need an AWD vehicle - we had 3 feet of snow last year!

sarahann1978 replied to magsnemma's response:
I hear you on the Bountiful Baskets, our pickup time is 7:00am, but it's in Utah, so now that they have switched to DST it's 6:00am my time which stinks! That is why I haven't gotten one in a while, but since we have a lot of family coming in I thought it would be a good, healthy way to feed everyone, and I am on my last loaf of bread and ordered 5 more from them.

I ordered a standard bastket and a Mexican pack, so I can't wait for some fresh salsa!
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

cyn22mull replied to miob's response:
My parents just got the Kia Sportage and they love it!

Sarah - Congrats on baby girl!
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

We are Subaru people. We have an Outback and the Impreza, both with all-wheel drive. I really like them both. Not that it helps you at all, but when you mentioned all-wheel drive, that's why we bought them. We had a Prius and had to sell it because it was so horrible in the snow. I loved that car too.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

Jackie03291 replied to miob's response:
The only thing that I will say about Mitsubishi is to make sure you read LOTS of reviews about any of their cars before buying! I think that everyone I know who has had some type of Mitsubishi has always ended up having crazy mechanical problems at some point in time with relatively newer cars/SUVS.
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

miob replied to Jackie03291's response:
Thanks for the warning. I've been all Mazda for a while since DH works in the service area for a Mazda dealer, but I'm considering branching out this time. He's not entirely sold on me branching out.

And thanks for the thought on the Subaru....I can add it to the list!

miob replied to miob's response:
I bought the Kia! So excited.

Whoo hoo! Yay for new cars!
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. We like to dance and sing and act a fool!

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.