Skip to content
Easter Ideas for 3 Year Olds
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
What are you planning to stuff your LO's Easter basket with?

Are you limiting the candy? A 3yr old coming off a candy buzz is not fun! What other items are you thinking about?

Share your family traditions, plans for Easter and ideas for coloring eggs and an Easter egg hunt.

My family has a tradition of getting a decorative egg each year. We date them and my 7 year old has the best time looking at each years egg as we unpack the Easter box.

Elizabeth

sarahann1978 responded:
I ordered a children's bible story book, 3 Veggie Tales videos, and we are talking about getting a kiddy basketball hoop for our back yard. I will probably put a bit more candy then last year, but not a bunch. I have not done a chocolate bunny yet, but am planning on it this year as I always got one as a kid.

For DS's first Easter I got a wicker basket and made a custom insert for it with his name on it and we reuse it every year.

We will dye eggs at home and have some practice egg hunts in the back yard. Last year we went to an egg hunt at a friend's house, but I don't know if she is planning to host one again this year. If not we will probably go to the local egg hunt.

We will try to go to church, and I say try because there is only one service time at our small church and last year we had a time conflict, so we were unable to attend.
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

jlynnpaine responded:
We will probably not do any candy for Shae. We may do some animal crackers or something along those lines. We also have several books, a movie (Puss in Boots, which she saw in the theater and loved) and a toy (one of those lifelike cats I think they're called Snuggables or something like that).

We will dye eggs the day before Easter and then we fill a few plastic eggs with snacks, money, and little trinkets for her to find on Easter Sunday. That afternoon, we'll go to my parents house for dinner and they have eggs for her to hunt as well.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

cyn22mull responded:
We will dye eggs on Friday or Saturday. My mom is going to hide plastic eggs outside for an Easter egg hunt not sure what day we will do that.

As for his Easter basket.....my DS does not like chocolate and really he doesnt like most sweets so I pack his backet full of other stuff. I got some matchbox cars, new underware, roller skates (the fisher price ones that fit over his shoes), and a golf set, a small football that changes colors, and a few suckers (the one candy he eats)
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

jlynnpaine replied to cyn22mull's response:
New underwear! Great idea for the Easter basket. DD needs some too so I'll pick up a pack to put in her basket.

earleyml1012 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
We plan on taking DD to an Easter Egg hunt some where and we will probably decorate eggs. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what do with the hard boiled eggs after she's done? DH won't get them and I'm the only one who likes egg salad. Any other suggestions?

For DD#1 Easter basket I did get some candy, small toys, and an Easter craft. She loves crafts. For DD#2 who is 5 months, I got her a baby's 1st Easter bib and a pair of sunglasses. We don't do too much for Easter but that might change as they get older.

sarahann1978 replied to earleyml1012's response:
What about deviled eggs, that is probably my favorite next to eating them straight up out of the shell. I will also throw them in tuna and potato salad.
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

cyn22mull responded:
Last night we were playing hide n seek and we were hiding in our bedroom closet...Of course that is where the bag of Easter stuff is. He only saw the golf set because it was sticking out. He said ohh what is this in a very excited voice. I tried to say oh it's nothing but he wasnt buying it. He took it in his room and put it beside his bed and asked me if he stayed in bed all night if he could play with it tomorrow, how could I say no to that?? So, today he will get to play with the golf set. I have 2 pair of sun glasses I was saving for our FL trip so I might toss one in his basket or leave it as is. I am just glad he didnt open the bag and see the other stuff!!
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

miob replied to cyn22mull's response:
I'm on the search for new Easter stuff for a similar incident. Completely my fault. I left them in the back of my truck (figuring he's never back there) and completely forgot about it when I opened the hatch to put the groceries in on Sunday. DS immediately said 'Whose trucks are those?'. Ugh. DH said that DS will forget about them. I told DH he's nuts.

lenono97 responded:
We probably won't do a basket/candy either. Both sides of our family will have some type of an Easter egg hunt so DD will get plenty of candy then. Last year we did a t-ball set. This year I was thinking either a golf set, play doh or paint set. Will probably end up getting a paint set. DS is only 8 months so we probably won't do anything for him this year.

magsnemma responded:
I just got a basket liner this year so I have to go find a basket now. When I was a kid, I used to get a t-shirt/pair of shorts and a stuffed animal for Easter, along with a little bit of candy.

I got DD a stuffed bunny and we'll do some candy, bubbles, and I got her my favorite book from this time of year, The Country Bunny and the Golden Shoes. I also thought about a plant that could be hers, since she likes watering. She planted some seeds at preschool, so I thought it would be fun to show her how things grow.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

jlynnpaine replied to magsnemma's response:
The plant idea is great! I bet she'll love that.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
I love reading all these great ideas!

I escaped to go shopping today and picked up a few items. My DD is 7 so I opted for a bathing suit, $1 puzzle and Hop DVD.

I was excited to find our decorative eggs! They are really cool felt ones.

I also couldn't resist the Crayola Window Markers. Does anyone have these? I need some feedback. My husband is a bit skeptical!

Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Tracey. I am 30 years old and married to my best friend. We have been married since October 2006. I have 4 step-children and 1 of my...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.