Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Jackie, Jodi, Sarah, and anyone else who is expecting
cyn22mull posted:
Hi!! Just checking in to see how are you ladies doing??? I know it's getting close for some of you. Are you all ready? Feeling ok?
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3
FirstPrevious12NextLast

sarahann1978 responded:
Thanks for asking, I am doing great! I am 22 weeks 4 days, so still enjoying the second tri! My heartburn is kicking up and I am now managing it with Tums and Pepcid, but so far so good. I have also had a lot of hip pain this time around and my right hip pops out sometimes. I hope it means though that I will be ready for natural labor this time as I am hoping to VBAC.

I have been feeling little flutters for the last few weeks and then yesterday they became full on kicks that I could feel on the outside. I haven't been able to get DH to feel one yet though. When DS was taking his bath the last two night she was really moving a lot so I think she was responding to him since he is so vocal during his bath.

It seemed like at first the time was passing by slow, but now I can't believe I am over half way there!
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

jlynnpaine responded:
Aww, thanks for checking on us!

I'm 35 weeks today. Feeling good, just starting to get to that uncomfortable stage where it hurts to roll over at night, ECP, etc. I found out last week that I have late onset GD so I'm meeting with a diabetic counselor tomorrow to help learn how to manage that. I'm also in the process of switching to a more vbac friendly doctor which is stressing me out since I'm so close to my due date now.

Shae is SO excited to have her baby sister here soon. She is calling her "Sister Bear" since we don't tell our name choice until the baby is born. This is because we call her Shae Bear so she decided that this was a good name for her baby sister. I think it's adorable.

Slowly getting stuff ready. Everything has been in storage and since our house is so small, I don't want to get stuff out too early and have it more crowded than usual. I'm having a sprinkle this weekend so I'm looking forward to that. It should be a lot of fun.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

cyn22mull responded:
I am glad to hear that you are both doing well!!

Jodi - Let us know how the sprinkle goes this weekend! I am sorry that you are having late GD issues. I hope that you are able to control it all with diet.

Sarah - Sorry about the heartburn That is awesome that you are feeling flutters. Is DS excited?

Have either of you heard anything from Jackie? I dont see a post from her since last week.

sarahann1978 replied to cyn22mull's response:
I tried to post a responce a while ago about DS's reaction, but I guess WebMD crashed at that moment, so I will try again .

DS is excited, but he thinks he has a baby in his tummy too. Everytime we tell him to say something to his baby sister he then wants us to acknowledge the baby in his tummy too. We just go with it for now, but hopefully he is not disappointed that no baby comes out of his tummy, LOL!

Jackie posted on the third trimester board a couple of days ago, and she has been having trouble with BP. Hopefully her baby girl hangs on a little longer, I think she is about 36 weeks.

Jackie03291 replied to sarahann1978's response:
Hey guys! I'm here, just been busy trying to wrap things up at work, and home and going to the dr. and all that fun stuff! Even though I'm only 36w4d I actually only have 13 more days until our little girl gets here!!! I have to have a scheduled c-section which kind of stinks but it does make it easier to make arrangements for Ava though. Definitely getting excited and ready to be done!

As Sarah said I have been having some issues with my blood pressure, but I had another ultrasound, NST and check-up this afternoon and everything is looking very good and my meds are doing the trick, so we are all set to just keep on going until the 24th for now.

Ava is really getting excited and we let her make the final decision on the name, so Natalie it is! I am taking her to a sibling class at the hospital tomorrow for pre-school aged kids and they will give her a tour and they watch a little movie about how they can help out with the baby and they bring a babydoll to practice with, so that should be fun for her.

Thanks for checking in! I will definitely post the birth story here too!!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

jlynnpaine replied to sarahann1978's response:
So cute about DS saying he has a baby in his tummy. Shae does the same thing sometimes. Yesterday she told me there was a baby kitten in her tummy and then proceeded to nurse one of her stuffed cats that was her new baby.

sarahann1978 replied to Jackie03291's response:
Thanks for checking in Jackie, happy to hear everything is looking great! I can't wait to hear about the sibling class. A friend of mine is going to the same doctor that I am and she gave me a pamphlet about pregnancy classes and they also offer a sibling class. I think it will be great for DS when we get a little closer to the big day.

jlynnpaine replied to Jackie03291's response:
So glad your appointment went well this morning and that everything is still looking good.

Have a great time at the sibling class tomorrow. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm sure she'll do great.

sarahann1978 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Jodi, did you find an OB that is going to work with your birth plan? I am seeing mine next week and need to talk over his mandatory epidural policy for VBACs. I don't like the idea of getting one unless they only medicate it when I say so, I want to try and have as little intervention as possible this time around.

jlynnpaine replied to sarahann1978's response:
I'm meeting with a nurse tomorrow for a potential new doctor. If that goes well, I'll see the doctor on the 25th. From my discussions with her up to this point, it sounds like he's much more laid back about things and doesn't feel the need to medically manage the pregnancy and delivery the way my current ob does. I would really prefer a midwife at this point but sadly, none of the ones available have privileges at the hospital I'm required to deliver at and I'm just too scared to try a delivery in either a birth center or at home in case something happens. I'm hoping this new doctor will work out. I'm fed up with all the BS of my current one. The more I see her, the less I feel she is competent. She struggles to find the baby's heartbeat every single time! That to me should be a pretty simple thing when you do it on a daily basis. Doesn't make me very optimistic for a complicated delivery.

Keep us posted on your convo with the doctor about the epidural. I hope you can just wait to get it medicated. I don't blame you at all. I want as little intervention as possible too having had SO much with Shae's delivery.

cyn22mull replied to Jackie03291's response:
Jackie I cant believe you are so close!! I hope your BP stays in check and that Ava enjoys the class at the hospital!!

earleyml1012 responded:
I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. Having two is so much fun!! DD loves her baby sister. She pretended too that she had a baby in her belly and still does sometimes but she never got upset that one hasn't come out. The funny thing she's saying now is that when she gets bigger and has boobies, she's going to feed Katelyn from her boobies. This just cracks us up knowing that Katelyn will be an adult then too!! It's interesting that she even says this b/c I literally BF for 2 days, so it's weird that she remembers 5 1/2 months later.

Good luck everyone!

Jackie03291 replied to earleyml1012's response:
That's so funny about the boobies! LOL I think that Ava is going to get a kick out it when she sees me breastfeeding too. I have already tried to explain my breast pump to her when it came in the mail, but she definitely didn't fully understand it yet. She is very interested in boobies now though, she is always saying that when she gets bigger she is going to have big boobies like mommy but she is little now so she has little boobies! LOL
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

jlynnpaine replied to earleyml1012's response:
So cute! The other day we got the bottles out of storage and she was playing with them and said she needed to put milk in them. I told her that once the baby came, I would make milk for her and then we'd put it in the bottles. She said that Daddy would make milk for the baby too. I explained to her that daddies can't make milk and she got so upset because she felt so bad for him that he couldn't make milk. She got all choked up and hugged him and said, "I'm sorry you can't make milk for the baby Daddy."

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Heather. I have 2 very active boys, Aidan=4 and Tyler=3. I have been on webmd since TTC Aidan. I've been married to Terry since '0...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.