Skip to content
Jackie, big sibling class?
sarahann1978 posted:
Hey Jackie I was wondering how Ava's big sister class was last week? I am thinking of taking Austin to one, but wondered if you thought yours was worth while?
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Jackie03291 responded:
Well unfortunately I wish I could tell you!

I got a call that day from Ava's daycare that she had a fever and wasn't feeling good so I had to go pick her up and take her home! So no sibling class. Turns out she had a bad ear infection and cold so she was miserable for a couple of days. I wish that we would have been able to go! The timing was horrible and unfortunately there are no more classes before my csection next Tuesday!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava 10/14/08 Baby Girl 2 Due 5/4/12

sarahann1978 replied to Jackie03291's response:
Oh bummer! I hope she is feeling better!

Jackie03291 replied to sarahann1978's response:
Thanks, she is starting to feel better thanks to some strong antibiotics!

jlynnpaine replied to Jackie03291's response:
Oh no! What a bummer. Now I feel bad for telling you to wait and go to the later class. I hope she feels better soon. I'm sure she'll still do great adjusting to being a big sister.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Jackie03291 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
It's ok, it's just our luck that it worked out like that! But I think you're right, she's going to be just fine. She is super super excited, although I kind of wish she would leave all the baby's stuff ALONE! LOL The baby's hospital bag gets pulled out every night for her babydolls and who knows what it's current status is. I need to put my foot down and tell her no, but she just is so cute and happy playing mommy with the real baby stuff. LOL

jlynnpaine replied to Jackie03291's response:
Shae is loving all the baby stuff too. She stole a couple of onesies to play with the other day. I had to hide the bottles after she went to bed the night we got them out or I think she'd be packing one around 24/7 just to be prepared to feed her baby sister. I guess it's good that they're so excited and willing to help. I'm sure it will make things easier in the long run.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

earleyml1012 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
That's so cute! I'm sure both of your girls will be great big sisters. Alex is STILL the same way with all the baby stuff, she finds the baby toys more fun to play with than her own. The best part is she's so willing to help. Whenever I need something from the baby's room, she's more than happy to go get it for me. We have given her a bib and burp clothe for her to use with her baby dolls. She's also really good at feeding Katelyn a bottle if the baby's in her high chair. Girls are great helpers. I'm sure little boys are too! Good luck everyone I can't wait to hear how everything goes! :c)

Zaysmama replied to earleyml1012's response:
hey there I am mom to a 3yr old DS...
I am currently 20wks preggers with another DS and i am really worried about how my 3yr old will take not being an only child anymore.
He is and always has been a mama's boy and I know that I wont be able to give him all the attention in the world once LO is here...
What is this siblings class ya'll are talking about? I'm wondering if it would be something he and I would benefit from!

sarahann1978 replied to Zaysmama's response:
The one that I am thinking of going to is put on by the hospital that I will go to. I know that you are probably not in my area, but here is a link that describes the classes they offer:

http://intermountainhealthcare.org/hospitals/dixie/services/women/Pages/Classes.aspx

Sibling Preparation Class
Children ages 2 to 12 may attend this one-hour class to help them prepare for their role as a big brother or sister. Each child should be accompanied by at least one adult. We also ask that your child bring a teddy bear or doll to class. Cost is $10 first child/ $5 each additional.

Zaysmama replied to sarahann1978's response:
hmm...
I have my next dr appt next tuesday and they always have the Lamaze classes and parenting classes posted so I may have to look into the sibling classes and see if they are offered in my area! ...
Whoever thought of doing classes like that, had a good idea! ... Thanks for the insight! Any idea when you will be going... I'm wondering if its worth the time and if little man would get anything out of it!

I haven't even inquired about dates yet since I want to wait until a month or two before my due date so it's fresh on DS's mind. That is right around the corner though, so I had been get on looking into it!

Zaysmama replied to sarahann1978's response:
Thats probably the best bet, doing it close to the due date and just keeping it fresh by doing little things at home until LO gets there... I have a dr appt tomorrow so I will be sure to ask if our medical system offers anything like that around here and start looking for dates so I can make plans and take time off of work!

Zaysmama replied to Zaysmama's response:
Asked about the siblings class and the hospital offers it...
only issue is the one closest to the EDD is 6 days before so I can't go early and they only do it once a month and the month before they arent doing it at all. So it would either be 6 days before LO is due or 2 months before, which Izayah is likely to disregard...

That is a bummer, I would probably go with the one two months in advance just in case. I checked into our and it's July 12, so exactly one month before my due date. I need to call and get DS enrolled.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Working mom of a handsome 3 yr old boy!! DS is amazing and beautiful and perfectly imperfect. I love his smile and his hugs :) He is currently learnin...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.