Skip to content
New here
Zaysmama posted:
Hey ladies I have been on the pregnancy boards for the past few month because I would check with the 2-year old board and it always seemed slow...
My name is Heathir.
I have a 2yr old DS, Izayah
and I'm expecting DS #2 in september....
Just wanted to say hey and hope ya'll don't mind me just jumping into some discussions!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Zaysmama responded:
sory meant to put 3yr old DS...
he's growing so fast I can't keep up lol

sarahann1978 responded:
Hi Heathir, I recognize you from the pregnancy boards! Welcome on over, the more the merrier!
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

Zaysmama replied to sarahann1978's response:
Thanks I recognized you as well...
How far along are you now?
and do you know the gender?

sarahann1978 replied to Zaysmama's response:
I am due August 12, so 24w5d. The ultrasound tech said she was 112% sure we are having a girl this time. We are trying to come up with a name, but are not settled on anything for sure yet.

cyn22mull responded:
Hi! Welcome!
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

Wow its crazy how fast 9months can fly!
We just found out on Tuesday that we are having another boy...
We have no names picked out, we thought we did but about a week before the U/S started looking again and now we can't agree on anything lol... The hardest part for me is finding somethign to go with DS's name
what names do you have in mind and what is DS's name?

jlynnpaine responded:
Welcome! I recognize you from the pregnancy boards too.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

My DS's name is Austin Carl.

For our DD our naming criteria so far is that we will not consider "J" names because I have 6 nephews who all have "J" names and so that is just too much. We are avoiding "A" names because we don't want to start the J thing with A, and we are avoiding "B" names because our last name starts with B. That being said we would consider A and B names if we really love them.

We are leaning towards Grace for the middle name because it was DH's Grandmother's name. I got to give DS my Dad's name for the middle name, so I am fine with honoring one of his relatives with DD's middle name.

Along those lines we would like to incorporate "Ann" in the name since it's my middle name, my Mom's middle name, and my sister's middle name is JoAnne. It also goes way back in my Mom's family. We wouldn't use the name Ann outright because my brother named his daughter that- Ann Elizabeth.

So some of the names we are considering are:
Tiffany
Miranda
Andrea
Melanie
Morgan

I also like Hannah, but DH does not, so it's pretty much out of consideration.

Wow you have alot of Criteria to meet lol...
I love the way that you have incorporated ann into those names tho...
Its neat! I thought about naming little one Isaac, spelled Izak, because we call Izayah Zay and we could just call Izak Zak, but DH hates it, so thats a no! lol...
Its so hard to find something that sounds like it belongs in the same family with Izayah without getting something crazy or really popular...
My sister has said that if she ever has kids she will name her little girl Miranda... Love that name!

jlynnpaine - thanks for the welcome..
How far along are you and do you have a DS or DD at home?
what are you expecting this time?

I just commented on your post in the 2nd tri that I thought Issac would be good, LOL!

I am coming around to Miranda, I had a hard time with it at first because I couldn't think of a shortened version, but I think if we went with it we would call her Mandy or Mindy.

thanks lol..
and if she ended up being a tomboy randi would work... not crazy about ti for a little girl but who knows she may like it better!...
there are lots of options... or she could just go by her middle name ...

magsnemma replied to sarahann1978's response:
Hey, what's wrong with A names?

I love the name Miranda.

Sorry Zaysmama to hijack. Welcome!
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

sarahann1978 replied to magsnemma's response:
LOL, my SIL was actually petitioning for the name Alyssa, to go by Ali (or Ally). That was what they would have named a girl had they had one, but they ended up with five boys- John, Jacob, Joseph, Jared and Justin. My other brother named his only son Jeffrey, so I just don't want another letter run on of names. And like I said one of my two nieces is Ann, so there are already two cousins with A names.

I did say I would consider an A name if I loved it, I just already talked myself out of Alyssa or Alison since I knew that was the name they chose. I had no idea my SIL would encourage me to use it after all. I still feel like even though they can no longer have their own children that maybe someday they would adopt a girl and I want to reserve that name for them.

magsnemma replied to sarahann1978's response:
I know what you mean, it would be hard to choose a name that someone else really loved. I know what ever name you choose will be perfect.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm Heather. I have 2 very active boys, Aidan=4 and Tyler=3. I have been on webmd since TTC Aidan. I've been married to Terry since '0...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.