Skip to content
Mother's Day
Zaysmama posted:
Hey fellow mommies,
Our day is just around the corner and I was wondering what you have planned whether your hubbies do something special for you from the kids or whether your LOs do something special or whether you do something special for them... and if you still take time out to spend time with your Mom or MIL... JW what everyone's plans consist of for Mother's day...

jlynnpaine responded:
We have no plans set yet. It's kind of snuck up on me this year. I think we'll invite my parents up for dinner and possibly have my inlaws up for a brunch sort of thing. Really, I'd rather spend it in the hospital delivering this baby but I doubt that will happen. As for DH's plans, he hasn't mentioned anything. We rarely make a big deal out of mother's/father's day.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

miob responded:
My dad is making a Mother's Day brunch for the extended family. We're hoping for good weather so we can spend most of the time outside. Typically, DH will spend the day running around after DS so I can relax and enjoy the company of my family. Works out perfectly!

earleyml1012 responded:
We don't normally do anything but we planned our short vacation around this weekend. My parents wanted to do a vacation with us this year and we wanted to go somewhere kind of close since traveling with 2 young children. So we decided to go to Pittsburgh, PA for 4 days. We're going to hit up the zoo, Children's museum, a baseball game and just walking around Station Square (I think that's what it's called). I just hope the weather is nice...not too hot and definitely not cold/rainy. Also, I hope the girls are over whatever they have by then.

sarahann1978 responded:
In previous years we would go for a fun hike, or visit a new National Park for Mother's/Father's Day. Since I am almost to the third tri, and it's starting to get hot around here I am not in the mood to go for a hike, so I suggested we go to the big city for a family movie and nice lunch or dinner.
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mom to a beautiful Daughter named Hannah Starr. She is my life. Hannah is so smart for her age and keeps my husband and I on our toes. She c...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.