Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DD not eating
earleyml1012 posted:
Ever since Saturday morning, DD has barely been eating. She doesn't have a fever and she only had diarreha once but she's complaining that she doesn't feel good. A few times this weekend she would lay on the couch and fall asleep at random times. We've been offering her foods that we know she likes but she takes a few bites then says she's all done. Our baby is definitely sick...fever, cough, runny nose but she's still eating. Not sure what's going on with the 3 yr old though. Should I be concerned? Or just wait it out a few more days? She cried when I left her at daycare this morning but we didn't have much of a choice since the baby is at home sick with her grandma...she can't watch both it's too much for her.

jlynnpaine responded:
Aww, I'm sorry the girls are sick. I would guess that she's feeling crummy and just doesn't feel like eating. My DD won't eat when she's sick either. I'd give it a couple days and if she's still not feeling well, maybe call your pedi. It may just be that she's fighting off the cold that the baby has and isn't showing as many symptoms, but still feels yucky. I hope they both get healthy again quickly for you.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

earleyml1012 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Ok, I'm glad that this is "normal" during sickness. It's just weird that she has no symptoms other than not eating and saying she's tired. I called DCP and they said she's playing and interacting but only ate applesauce so far today.

palvarad replied to earleyml1012's response:
I agree with jlynnpaine, my kiddo does the same thing. he goes through these bouts when he feels ill. He could play and entertain himself, he just wants nothing to do with food. Freaked me out at first, but then he would feel better and suddenly eat everything in my fridge!

I hope your babies feel better

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy. I'm married with two kids PJ (5) and Kylee (3). I also have four stepkids and four stepgrandkids (3 boys & 1 girl). We also ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.