Skip to content
will going two daycares be okay for my 2.5 year old?
zoewang posted:
I wonder if it's a good idea to send my 2 year and 3 month
old boy to one daycare two days a week starting in June, and
then when he's used to there, add 2 more days in another
daycare in September. The reason being the 2nd daycare
doesn't have full time openings and I liked there better.
Both are home-based daycare.

Will my toddler get confused? Or he will be happier
comparing to going to one daycare (too boring to go to the
same house, same teachers/kids etc)? Will he be able to
adjust to two environments in addition to home??

Thanks!

palvarad responded:
My son attended two daycares on and off as well. He had his full time daycare and there's a back up daycare service my company provides in case of emergencies where you have no other alternative. He was totally fine. As long as he had fun and was distracted he didn't seem to mind at all. He started attending his regular daycare at 2 1/2 yrs old, and was attending the back up daycare since he was two. It's just two different locations for him, and he was just happy to be in the presence of other kids! And these were center based daycare locations, which I think are a bit more difficult to acclimate to.

I think our kids are a bit more resilient than we give them credit for. I would give it a go and if it doesnt work out for you, and if you can, then change the situation. Worth a try though!

best of luck mommy!

jlynnpaine responded:
My mom watches a little boy two days per week who goes to another daycare provider two other days per week. He has never seemed to have a problem adjusting to going back and forth. At my mom's he has DD to play with and at the other provider, he is by himself. Kids are good at adapting.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined WebMD in 2003 when we were TTC our first and have been hooked ever since. We were blessed with our princesses in August 2004 and August 2007....More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.