Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

will going two daycares be okay for my 2.5 year old?
    zoewang posted:
    I wonder if it's a good idea to send my 2 year and 3 month
    old boy to one daycare two days a week starting in June, and
    then when he's used to there, add 2 more days in another
    daycare in September. The reason being the 2nd daycare
    doesn't have full time openings and I liked there better.
    Both are home-based daycare.

Will my toddler get confused? Or he will be happier
    comparing to going to one daycare (too boring to go to the
    same house, same teachers/kids etc)? Will he be able to
    adjust to two environments in addition to home??

Thanks!

palvarad responded:
    My son attended two daycares on and off as well. He had his full time daycare and there's a back up daycare service my company provides in case of emergencies where you have no other alternative. He was totally fine. As long as he had fun and was distracted he didn't seem to mind at all. He started attending his regular daycare at 2 1/2 yrs old, and was attending the back up daycare since he was two. It's just two different locations for him, and he was just happy to be in the presence of other kids! And these were center based daycare locations, which I think are a bit more difficult to acclimate to.

I think our kids are a bit more resilient than we give them credit for. I would give it a go and if it doesnt work out for you, and if you can, then change the situation. Worth a try though!

best of luck mommy!

jlynnpaine responded:
    My mom watches a little boy two days per week who goes to another daycare provider two other days per week. He has never seemed to have a problem adjusting to going back and forth. At my mom's he has DD to play with and at the other provider, he is by himself. Kids are good at adapting.
    Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tammy. I'm married with two kids PJ (5) and Kylee (3). I also have four stepkids and four stepgrandkids (3 boys & 1 girl). We also ...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
    I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.