Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
WFD?
sarahann1978 posted:
I tried to make a baked turkey breast for dinner last night and it totally heated up my house I have AC, but hate to use it so I need ideas for dinners that don't require the oven.

Sat: enchiladas
Sun: baked turkey breast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, salad
Mon: sausage and tortelinni soup
Tues: turketti with the leftover turkey
Wed: salmon
Thurs: ???
Fri:???
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

jlynnpaine responded:
When it gets hot out, we do a lot of stuff in the crockpot and on the bbq. I've been wanting shishkabobs lately but don't have the energy to make them and DH keeps forgetting to buy more propane for the bbq.

Stuff I like to make in my crock pot
chili
soups (potato, chicken taco, corn chowder)
Tatertot casserole
spaghetti sauce
roast with potatoes and carrots
chicken and rice

I have been meaning to try a lasagna in the crockpot too but just haven't gotten around to it.

My cousin makes pizzas on her bbq. I've never tried it but it seems like it would be good. I believe she puts tin foil down and just tosses them on there until everything is ready.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

magsnemma responded:
Mon: Chicken with peanut noodles (kind of like pad Thai I think)
Tues: Barbacoa pork in the slow cooker
Wed: Salmon and veggie
Thurs: DH's "graduation" so a quick dinner before we meet up
Fri: Free night

Let me know if you want any of the recipes. I've never made the first two, so I'll let you know how they are.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

miob replied to magsnemma's response:
How did the chicken with peanut noodles come out?

magsnemma replied to miob's response:
It was really pretty good. A little gluey, but I think I overcooked the noodles and I could've thinned out the sauce a little. But it was tasty. In case you're interested...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/asian-peanut-noodles-with-chicken.html
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

On 7/28/03 I became a mommy for the very first time to the most beautiful angle in the world: Emelie Brianne On 4/30/05 I walked down the isle and ...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.