Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need Advice on Separating...
sdadkin posted:
My SO and I are separating We have two boys (one who is almost 3 and the other just turned 1). My SO decided 2 weeks ago that he wasn't happy and that he didn't love me and he was done trying. It is very painful, but I am trying to hold it together around the boys.

We lived rent free in a house owned by his parents. The boys each have their own room. His parents advised us to keep the boys there every night so they can have the stability of their own beds and we would switch off every night. I guess this sounds better than it works. I would love for my boys to be able to sleep in their own beds every night, but it is just too painful for me to be in that house full of so many memories.

We both love our boys very much and we can't stand to be away from them but we have to figure out another way. I am going to get an apartment somewhere nearby I guess (even though the closest ones are not in good neighborhoods). I know I am going to struggle with bills and everything, but it's better than staying somewhere different every other night. I wanted my boys to grow up in a home with two loving parents, but I guess they will just have to have two homes with one loving parent in each.

jlynnpaine responded:
I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. I don't have any experience with parents separating. I hope you can find your own place and find a schedule that works well for all of you. All you can do is the best you can do. I know it's not what you had planned but your boys will be just fine. Good luck to you during this difficult time!
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

cyn22mull responded:
I don't have any experience with this. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I wish you lots of luck during this time.
Cindy (35) Scott (39) DS Christopher 3

Spotlight: Member Stories

my name is ashley and i am new to the mommy scene and need all the advice i can get..i have a stepdaughter that is 3 and we have one on the way..emoti...More

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.