Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

O/T What happens if we both die?
QTpie2009 posted:
Hi everyone,
My husband and I are going on vacation to Florida in June. My parents and my husband's mom are taking turns keeping our son while we are gone. Of course I started thinking what if something happened to the both of us... where would DS go? We do not have a will. It is hard for my husband and I to even meet during business hours to go see an attorney because I work 1st shift and he works 2nd shift. I have already talked to my parents about the situation and they agreed to be the guardians to DS. If I typed something up and both my husband and I signed it, would it fly in court?
magsnemma responded:
Even if you don't do it in time for your vacation in June, it's a good idea to have one. I don't know if a signed piece of paper would hold up in court, it might hold more weight if it were notarized. But I'm not a lawyer, so I really have no idea. Either way, a will declares your intentions if something should happen and could prevent potential legal questions regarding your DS. Also, you don't have to go at the same time to make/sign a will do you?
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)
QTpie2009 replied to magsnemma's response:
I guess I just assumed you would both have to be there to sign, but maybe not. I'll check into it.
QTpie2009 replied to QTpie2009's response:
Ok I just called an attorney's office and we don't have to be there at the same time to sign. They took some info from me and the attorney is going to call me back.
magsnemma replied to QTpie2009's response:
Wow, that was fast. Hopefully it's a fairly painless process. DH and I did one, but since he's military, we did it through base legal. I have no frame of reference for "regular" people.

Oh, and I hope you guys have a lot of fun on your vacation!
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)
lenono97 responded:
You could also try They are legal documents you do on-line. Not only do you want to make sure your son is taken care of but also your house and money. But seeing a lawyer is a good idea. Regardless if you were going on vacation or not. It's something I keep meaning to do. Just haven't done it yet.
earleyml1012 responded:
We did ours last summer and it really doesn't take too long. The lawyer has a list of general questions, that I'm sure he could email to you ahead of time, and we just answered them. Then they typed up a will that we proof read and once they were finalized we meet one last time to sign them. I'm sure you could go in at different times to sign.

I did hear about a website online that you can create documents that are legally binding. You could look into that too. However, I think it's best to do a lawyer b/c then you know it will hold up in court. Plus we had our living will and Power of Attorny done at the same time.
QTpie2009 responded:
Sorry, I hadn't checked this for a couple of days. Thanks for all your replies!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined WebMD in 2003 when we were TTC our first and have been hooked ever since. We were blessed with our princesses in August 2004 and August 2007....More

Helpful Tips

lately bed times
how can i get my 3 years old boy goes to bed before 9pm More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.