Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Where have all the mommies gone? Check-in if you are around this week!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
As I typed the above the song "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" popped into my head. I am fairly positive I have now dated myself and you may be thinking - What in the world is she talking about??????

It's been pretty quiet around here - Check-in to let us know who is here and what you have going on?

Elizabeth

sarahann1978 responded:
I'm here, but just haven't had anything to really say. It was been very sadly quiet.

I think Cindy moved up to the 4-5 year old board. Jackie and Jodi both have their newborns to look after.
Sarah (33) DH (31) DS (Jan 2009) baby girl (Aug 2012)

sarahann1978 replied to sarahann1978's response:
"has" been, not "was" been, ugh!

Zaysmama replied to sarahann1978's response:
I'm here, there havent been many other discussions going on to chime into and my three year old had been pretty normal.

We have started preparing for LO due in september so there hasnt been much down time!

Sarahann, how ya doing? You're due date is a bit before mine so how ya feeling and how is DS doing with the changes in the house prepping for baby?

sarahann1978 replied to Zaysmama's response:
Hi Heathir,

I am doing great for almost 8 months! My belly is already getting big, much bigger than with DS, so I dread what I will look like when I am full term! DS is super excited about his new room, but we aren't done with it yet. I am finishing up cleaning out my stuff, it was our office and my craft/sewing room, then we have company visiting July 1 and after that we will paint it and move him over.

My baby shower is this weekend, so I am excited about that. My friend is hosting it at our house and I was hoping to get some new patio furniture, but it's not going to happen in time, but it should be nice anyway. She is one of those people who thinks of every last detail to go all out for an event.

How are you feeling, and how is your DS adjusting?

leftcoastgirl responded:
I'm here, but my DD turns 4 this month, so I'll be off to the 4/5 board soon. I've also visited the infant boards for my new DD, and they're very quiet as well.
Me (35), DH (35), DD (3), DD (born Jan. 6)

magsnemma responded:
I'm around, work has been kind of busy. I'm heading to AZ the first week of July to see my new nephew, who should arrive any time.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

earleyml1012 responded:
I check in everyday but there hasn't been much discussion. DD is doing great and still enjoys her baby sister. Next week we are FINALLY changing daycare. I think some of you might remember our issues, well the time has come to say farewell! I hope the transition goes smoothly. The baby is my biggest concern b/c she's going through separation anxiety.

Question: Did any of your babies have issues sleeping when they were teething? DD#2 has been getting up the last few mornings around 3-4am and will only sleep if held. If she seems asleep and I put her in her crib, she wakes up screaming. DD#1 didn't do this and I'm at a loss as to what to do. Last night I rocked her for almost an hour and finally just brought her back to bed with me. I don't want to start this habit but we both need sleep!

sarahann1978 replied to earleyml1012's response:
My DS always had sleep issues when teething. When the tooth came through he would go back to sleeping normally. I hope she returns to sleeping normally soon for you!

Zaysmama replied to sarahann1978's response:
Sarahann,
Thats great to hear you're doing well getting so close to EDD! Hope you have a good shower and get everything needed for LO.
DS sounds like he is adjusting well to the transitions. I havent even started redoing the boy's rooms... They will be sharing a room for a while until we move that will hopefully start to happen this month & DS seems really excited about the changes!
As for me, I am super uncomfortable, at my last dr appt I had only gained 13lbs but all the weight gain seems to be in the belly and now LO is soo big he can be felt in my whole stomach rib and back area, not much room for breathing! lol...
only like 87days left or something like that so the count down is on! Otherwise, LO and I are healthy so no matter how uncomfortable I am I know he is doing well so thats all that really matters!

keep in touch & i will see you on the 2nd tri borad next week!

jlynnpaine responded:
Hey everybody! Hope you're all doing good. Shae is doing well and is adjusting to life as a big sister. Avriana is 3 weeks old today. She is the easiest baby and already sleeps for 5-6 hours for the first stretch of the night then for another 3 or so hours after that. I've got three more weeks of maternity leave left. It feels so strange to be home and not working. I've never been off work for this long. I'll try to check in more often but it's tough with two kiddos to find the time to get online. Once I'm back to work, I'll be on every day.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Zaysmama replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Glad to hear things are will for you Jlynnpaine... hope you are enjoying the time with your babies, it will be over before you know it! Lucky you on getting such a good second baby! Best of luck to you and the girls!!!

sarahann1978 replied to earleyml1012's response:
How is the new daycare working out earleyml1012?

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.