What do you have planned for Father's Day?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
How are you celebrating Father's Day?

Get your little involved and create a card made with hand prints, foot prints or fingerprints. Decorate a mug or mouse pad with a photo. Change his screen saver to a new picture and Father's Day message.

Disclaimer - Don't do this unless you have a lot of time on your hands. For super creative and fun ideas google - Father's Day Gift Ideas Images. I have spent the last couple hours looking at crafts and blogs that make me frustrated. I don't have the time to be the creative mama I want to be.

Have you figured out a gift? Planned a favorite meal? Has your man requested anything special (wink, wink)?

Share your plans for a memorable First Father's Day.

Elizabeth

earleyml1012 responded:
First we (DD#1 and I) made him a picture using each of our hand prints. DH is in the back with mine on top of his, then DD#1 on top of mine, and DD#2 on top of DD#1. Then using black stickers I spelled out our family name and the year. This is in a nice frame for him.

Then with DD#2 I took her to Color Me Mine and made him an 8inch plate. It's painted to look like a basketball with DD#2's footprints in the center. Around the outside I wrote "Daddy's Littlest Fan" "Katelyn 2012". I did this same idea with DD#1 for her first Father's Day, except her plate looks like a baseball and it says "Daddy's #1 Fan."

Lastly, from me I got him a new golf shirt.

Zaysmama replied to earleyml1012's response:
Cute ideas Earlyml1012...

Ds1's father and I split up when he was 3months old and havent really had a good relationship for the past three years he has been in and out of DS' life and I didnt approve. In the last 8months, he has really started stepping up tho so our relationship has gotten better for our son...
I am thinking of doing a plate with DS' hand in the middle and letting him decorate the rest... and maybe doing a homemade card from DS... Nothing big but it will be his first fathers day as a real dad! Just hope that he continues to play a positive role in DS' life!!!