Skip to content
What do you have planned for Father's Day?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
How are you celebrating Father's Day?

Get your little involved and create a card made with hand prints, foot prints or fingerprints. Decorate a mug or mouse pad with a photo. Change his screen saver to a new picture and Father's Day message.

Disclaimer - Don't do this unless you have a lot of time on your hands. For super creative and fun ideas google - Father's Day Gift Ideas Images. I have spent the last couple hours looking at crafts and blogs that make me frustrated. I don't have the time to be the creative mama I want to be.

Have you figured out a gift? Planned a favorite meal? Has your man requested anything special (wink, wink)?

Share your plans for a memorable First Father's Day.

Elizabeth

earleyml1012 responded:
First we (DD#1 and I) made him a picture using each of our hand prints. DH is in the back with mine on top of his, then DD#1 on top of mine, and DD#2 on top of DD#1. Then using black stickers I spelled out our family name and the year. This is in a nice frame for him.

Then with DD#2 I took her to Color Me Mine and made him an 8inch plate. It's painted to look like a basketball with DD#2's footprints in the center. Around the outside I wrote "Daddy's Littlest Fan" "Katelyn 2012". I did this same idea with DD#1 for her first Father's Day, except her plate looks like a baseball and it says "Daddy's #1 Fan."

Lastly, from me I got him a new golf shirt.

Zaysmama replied to earleyml1012's response:
Cute ideas Earlyml1012...

Ds1's father and I split up when he was 3months old and havent really had a good relationship for the past three years he has been in and out of DS' life and I didnt approve. In the last 8months, he has really started stepping up tho so our relationship has gotten better for our son...
I am thinking of doing a plate with DS' hand in the middle and letting him decorate the rest... and maybe doing a homemade card from DS... Nothing big but it will be his first fathers day as a real dad! Just hope that he continues to play a positive role in DS' life!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 27 yrs old and i have two beautiful babies katie who is 3 who i am having alot of problems with as far as communicating and tristan who is 17 mon...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.