Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Potty training Day #5
alwayssmile posted:
My DD is 2 years and 5 months old; she has been doing great at going potty. She wears underwear all day- for the last 5 days. But I have few questions. She's my first child so I'm learning as I go. It's been quite fun actually with her and the whole potty thing. But it's the fifth day. What should I be expecting by now?

For the first 4 days I set a timer and every time it would go off I would ask her to turn it off and go potty. So today, I decided to change some things around and just have her wait and tell me when she has to go. Is that a good idea? With the timer going off every hour I haven't had any accidents since day #3. I really don't know what to do from this point. She has come a far way! I'm so proud of her!

Any suggestions from experienced mommy's? I would appreciate any ideas!

Thanks in advance!

-I know my daughter is not 3 to post on this board but I think mom's with 3 year old have probably at least tried potty training.

Jackie03291 responded:
Hmm...good question! Sounds like you are already doing a great job in getting her potty trained. Maybe starting to space out the timer more? Like to go off every two hours but make sure you tell her to tell you if she has to go before the timer goes off. It's hard for me to really give any good advice because this is completely different than the approach that I took to potty training, so it's hard for me to compare, but like I said in the beginning, it sounds like it is working for you guys and she is doing a good job. Great work! Sorry I couldn't offer any more concrete suggestions.
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava (10/14/08) Natalie (4/24/12)

lenono97 responded:
I like PP idea of changing the time on the timer. I agree that should be your next step. Slowly work away from needing it with the point being she needs to learn when her body is ready to use the potty, not just the timer being ready. Sounds like she is doing great. Good job!

Helpful Tips

If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this:
If you don't vaccinate your child due to fears of autism, read this: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/autism-vaccine.html I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.