Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
O.T. Biting
sdadkin posted:
This is about my 14 month old, but maybe some of you have some experience dealing with this. Whenever he gets mad or you tell him no he immediately tries to bite whatever is in front of him (toys, chair, people, himself...) or he will try to pull your hair. I know it's because he can't communicate his feelings but I don't know how to get him to stop! It doesn't help that he doesn't say any words yet either. I never had this problem with my almost 3 year old (in 2 weeks!). They are totally different in every way. DS1 is so laid back and easy going but DS2 is wild and very curious! He gets into everything and is very stubborn!

AKS00 responded:
I understand, I have two girls the oldest is almost 4 now and totally laid back and easy going, The youngest is night and day different, she is now 2 years old. I'm luck and both my children were verbal early in age, however with the youngest we had to start over with all teaching techniques. We used sign languages with our girls and this helped, the younger one would yell for no reason, and started blaming things on the older one when she wasn't even there, she also hit and bit and stomped her feet and arms. She doesn't do that anymore, and I'm not sure its due to anything we did, just time and patience's, we had lots of advice and it was hard, but this too shall pass. Just keep reinforcing what is right and wrong and good luck, your not alone. I do recommend you keep them busy mentally and physically this helps both you and them. Just a thought.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 27 yrs old and i have two beautiful babies katie who is 3 who i am having alot of problems with as far as communicating and tristan who is 17 mon...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.