Skip to content
What Are Your Favorite Outdoor Toys and Activities?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
In addition to the all time favorite - sprinkler, what are some of your 3 year olds favorite outdoor toys and activities?

Elizabeth

miob responded:
Bubbles, the toy lawn mower and the fishing rod! Give DS the 3 of these and he's as happy as a clam.

jlynnpaine responded:
DD loves her sandbox and swimming pool more than anything. She also has a Cozy Coupe that she loves to wash and put "gas" in, but she rarely actually drives the thing around.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Zaysmama responded:
DS loves swimming and since he isn't a pro yet he has a "puddle jumper" life vest and it is the best invention ever!...
Outside of swimming he loves his water guns, if he could he would have me chasing him and vice-versa all day everyday! Another big hit with his is the grow-with-me roller skates!
He's def not a child that will sit in a car or sandbox for any period of time!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Zaysmama's response:
Sidewalk chalk is a big hit.

We have an outdoor playhouse. I give my 4 year old a bucket of water and a paint brush and she goes to town! I got the idea from a Mommy & Me class I took with my oldest daughter years ago.

The 7 year old and 4 year old like to play together to make "mud soup". I give them a pan, a few pitchers of water and put them by the patchy dirt area in our backyard. They add leaves, lemons, rocks - anything they find in the back yard, It's a mess but so cute to hear them not fighting!

Haylen
DD1 - 7.5 years old, on her way to 2nd grade!
DD2 - Turned 4 in June, loves to keep up with the big kid

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been married for over 9 years. I have a very active DS that will be 3 in December. I work full time so DS is in a home daycare which he loves.

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful