Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What Are Your Favorite Outdoor Toys and Activities?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
In addition to the all time favorite - sprinkler, what are some of your 3 year olds favorite outdoor toys and activities?

Elizabeth

miob responded:
Bubbles, the toy lawn mower and the fishing rod! Give DS the 3 of these and he's as happy as a clam.

jlynnpaine responded:
DD loves her sandbox and swimming pool more than anything. She also has a Cozy Coupe that she loves to wash and put "gas" in, but she rarely actually drives the thing around.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Zaysmama responded:
DS loves swimming and since he isn't a pro yet he has a "puddle jumper" life vest and it is the best invention ever!...
Outside of swimming he loves his water guns, if he could he would have me chasing him and vice-versa all day everyday! Another big hit with his is the grow-with-me roller skates!
He's def not a child that will sit in a car or sandbox for any period of time!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Zaysmama's response:
Sidewalk chalk is a big hit.

We have an outdoor playhouse. I give my 4 year old a bucket of water and a paint brush and she goes to town! I got the idea from a Mommy & Me class I took with my oldest daughter years ago.

The 7 year old and 4 year old like to play together to make "mud soup". I give them a pan, a few pitchers of water and put them by the patchy dirt area in our backyard. They add leaves, lemons, rocks - anything they find in the back yard, It's a mess but so cute to hear them not fighting!

Haylen
DD1 - 7.5 years old, on her way to 2nd grade!
DD2 - Turned 4 in June, loves to keep up with the big kid

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Tracey. I am 30 years old and married to my best friend. We have been married since October 2006. I have 4 step-children and 1 of my...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.