Skip to content
Checking in!
Jackie03291 posted:
So how is everyone doing? Figured I would post and see who was still lurking around, things have been super slow on the boards.

Ava is doing good. She is still giving us her lovely attitude, but I am just trying to handle my temper with her more, but she does make that soooo hard sometimes. She still is being a super big sister, so I definitely can't complain there.

We are thinking of enrolling her in soccer this fall for the first time, I have another couple of weeks to decide, but I think it could be good for her. She is in a small in-home daycare now that we have had the baby instead of her preschool and I think this will help get her some more excercise and a bigger group of friends, so we will see.

Anyone else thinking of doing any organized sports anytime soon? Or already done them? I would love to get some opinions here!

Anyways, can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!!!
Jackie (27) Bryan (36) Ava (10/14/08) Natalie (4/24/12)

magsnemma responded:
I check in every other day or so but don't stay long. DD is good, she is going through a phase where she melts down over the tiniest thing so that's been fun. We actually just cancelled her swimming lessons because she keeps freaking out about them. She'll be excited until we get there and then she just starts to cry. This has happened off and on since we started them so we're stopping because it's not fun for her anymore.

I think we are going to see if she likes gymnastics though. She went to a party at a gym and had so much fun.
Ali (34) DH (35) DD (3)

miob responded:
I still check in daily, but had trouble logging in to reply for the longest time. DS is doing well for the most part. His temperment is a dream. I had enrolled him in the Little Gym last winter, but quickly learned that gymnastics just isn't his thing. I anticipate he'll probably do t-ball when he's a little older. And I'm hoping to get him into the swimming lessons as well.

We're on vacation in another week, so I'm just counting down the time!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Good to "see" you guys!

Our daughter started playing soccer at age 3 - 4. She loved it and it was also lots of fun for us parents. Practices and games were in the early evening so we would have a tailgate before and after. At that age it was like herding cats, just a larger variety of cat!

We also tried gymnastics, that was short lived. Swimming lessons were a must. Had private lessons starting at age 2, she is now a fish!

jlynnpaine responded:
I'm still here too. Avriana is 8 weeks old now and we're adjusting well to being a family of 4. She's a super easy baby and a great sleeper which has made it so much easier. Shae is a wonderful big sister and is finally not pushing boundaries and throwing fits as much as she did shortly after the baby was born.

I hope that in another year, we can get Shae involved in t-ball but we'll have to see if she's interested when the time comes.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a former TTCer (powerdoers, but had to change the name so I could create a profile again). After 2 angels I had my DD Lianna in 2003 at 37 yrs. o...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.