Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Posting to the communities has been restored. Our technical team is still completing ongoing maintenance, and you may experience some technical problems.Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

QTpie2009 posted:
For parents whose children have had their tonsils removed- how long was recovery and how long did you have to be off work?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Of course, every kiddo is different but here is some basic information about recovery:

Tonsillectomy - What to expect after surgery

Here's a discussion from the Parenting 4 & 5 Year Old Community with more information about how long their kids were out of commission. The length of time varied -

I hope your little one has a quick and painless recovery!

QTpie2009 responded:
Update on my son: He had his surgery last Thursday and he is doing great. The 1st day he was whiney and clingy. After that he was fine, playing, eating normal. Wow, I guess I expected it to be worse. I only had to take 2 days off of work compared to the 4 I was going to have to take. Glad we had it done! He sleeps much better through the night now.
jlynnpaine replied to QTpie2009's response:
I'm so glad he's doing well. I've heard that it's a fairly quick recovery for kids. That's great that he's sleeping better now too.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 41 years old with 3 children; 2 girsl ages 23 and 22 and a son soon to be 4-big age difference!!! I live near Albany, NY but am originally from G...More

Helpful Tips

My son is 8 he is in first grade again.He has struggle with reading for a while this year we are trying everything we can to help him.But ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.