Skip to content
Tonsillectomy
QTpie2009 posted:
For parents whose children have had their tonsils removed- how long was recovery and how long did you have to be off work?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Of course, every kiddo is different but here is some basic information about recovery:

Tonsillectomy - What to expect after surgery

Here's a discussion from the Parenting 4 & 5 Year Old Community with more information about how long their kids were out of commission. The length of time varied -

Tonsillectomy

I hope your little one has a quick and painless recovery!

Haylen

QTpie2009 responded:
Update on my son: He had his surgery last Thursday and he is doing great. The 1st day he was whiney and clingy. After that he was fine, playing, eating normal. Wow, I guess I expected it to be worse. I only had to take 2 days off of work compared to the 4 I was going to have to take. Glad we had it done! He sleeps much better through the night now.

jlynnpaine replied to QTpie2009's response:
I'm so glad he's doing well. I've heard that it's a fairly quick recovery for kids. That's great that he's sleeping better now too.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mom to a beautiful Daughter named Hannah Starr. She is my life. Hannah is so smart for her age and keeps my husband and I on our toes. She c...More

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.