Skip to content
Tonsillectomy
QTpie2009 posted:
For parents whose children have had their tonsils removed- how long was recovery and how long did you have to be off work?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Of course, every kiddo is different but here is some basic information about recovery:

Tonsillectomy - What to expect after surgery

Here's a discussion from the Parenting 4 & 5 Year Old Community with more information about how long their kids were out of commission. The length of time varied -

Tonsillectomy

I hope your little one has a quick and painless recovery!

Haylen

QTpie2009 responded:
Update on my son: He had his surgery last Thursday and he is doing great. The 1st day he was whiney and clingy. After that he was fine, playing, eating normal. Wow, I guess I expected it to be worse. I only had to take 2 days off of work compared to the 4 I was going to have to take. Glad we had it done! He sleeps much better through the night now.

jlynnpaine replied to QTpie2009's response:
I'm so glad he's doing well. I've heard that it's a fairly quick recovery for kids. That's great that he's sleeping better now too.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Amber Rawlins. I have 3 children. Gloria just turned 3 on march 11th, eli will be two may, 19th and sophia turned 1 on april, 16th My child...More

Helpful Tips

potty training
Can some give me tip on how to get a 3 year old to poop on a potty chair? My and wife have been trying for several months, he took to ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 10 found this helpful