Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My son wakes up with a stuffy/clogged up nose every night
kjabbott85 posted:
My son has been experiencing a stuffy/clogged nose in the middle of the night pretty much every night. At first I thought it was just common allergies (perhaps cat hair on the comforter brought over from my girlfriends home), so i bought a new comforter set and also gave him allergy medication every night before bedtime. However, his nose still clogs up and worse, dries out and bleeds at times. It is strange because the ailment only occurs at night and never when he is awake during the day. Does anyone have any input?

Thanks.

jlynnpaine responded:
Do you have a humidifier in the room? We run one for my daughter and it really seems to help.
Jodi (28), DH (24), Shaelynn (2), DD2 (due 5/16)

miob responded:
I have environmental allergies (dust, pollen, ragweed, mold, etc) and I wake up the same way every morning. I haven't found a way to remedy the situation. Just something I've gotten used to over the years. But if you find a solution, let me know!

kjabbott85 replied to jlynnpaine's response:
Yep. I run it every night.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi kjabbott85 -

Also try posting with our Ear, Nose and Throat Community and Allergies Community for more response.

Dr. Moser on ENT is awesome!

Elizabeth

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. We like to dance and sing and act a fool!

Helpful Tips

worried about my 3 year old !
I am worried about my 3 year old grandson!he has been hitting,bitting,cursing,and has been displaying uncontrolable fits of anger.Don,t get ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.